Aach-Linz - Aach-Linz
City of Pfullendorf
|Height :||631 m|
|Residents :||1258 (May 12, 2015)|
|Incorporation :||1st January 1975|
|Postal code :||88630|
|Area code :||07552|
The twin village is located around five kilometers west-southwest of Pfullendorf in a wide valley basin on the upper Linzgau-Aach, which is sunk only flat into the young moraine area and which, as Linzer Aach, gave the two districts of Aach and Linz its name . It rises as Aach about three kilometers west in the Ruhestetter Ried and flows into Lake Constance near Seefelden . The brook separates Aach, the higher, northern part of the village, from the lower part of Linz, before flowing through Linz again in the southeast after a large curve.
The place name Linz can be traced back to the Celtic river name Lentia . The Alemannic sub-tribe of the Lentiens and, similar to other rivers, the surrounding landscape Linzgau (an early medieval county) were named after the water . The brook name Aach is of more recent origin and nomenclature for Aach.
The highest point of the place is at the residential area Buchschoren the 681 meter high hill of the same name, a terminal moraine of the Würm kaltzeit . From here you have a panoramic view towards the Alps, Pfullendorf and Liggersdorf. At the same time, the European main watershed is located here : The southern gutter of the property drains into Lake Constance and thus the Rhine, the northern one into the Danube and thus into the Black Sea. 
The village of Aach-Linz includes the village of Aach-Linz , the village of Sahlenbach (formerly the municipality of Herdwangen ), the hamlet of Reute (formerly the municipality of Großschönach ), the courtyards Mittlere Mühle , Schallerhof , Schlegelhof and Untere Mühle and the houses Auf der Haige , Buchschoren , Klein-Karlsruhe and quarry . 
Traces of settlement are known from prehistoric times: bone finds that were made near the church attest to the first settlement in the Middle and Neolithic (4000 to 1800 BC). This is followed by litter finds that were won in the Thiergarten district , and south of it in the Gertholz district are the remains of a Viereckschanze on the road from Aach-Linz to Herdwangen. Ceramic finds provide information about a settlement in the late Latène (around 100 BC) by the Celts , who belonged to the Vindeliker tribe (450 to 50 BC).  In the Remser Holz forestare the remains of a prehistoric rampart. 
Roman wall remains of a Villa Rustica in the Gewann Maueräcker , together with individual coins found, point to a later Roman settlement. Two coins date to the post-Limesque period between 306 and 317 AD.  The Villa Rustica was probably destroyed during the Alamanic conquest by the Lentiens , who settled the northern Lake Constance area between 300 and 500 AD.
Aach-Linz consisted of four localities until 1924: Linz was a manor , Aach belonged to the Fürstenberg Heiligenberg , Sahlenbach to the Petershausen monastery and Reute to the city of Überlingen .  The exact foundation of the town is not known; Linz, however, is likely to be significantly older than Aach.
Linz was first mentioned in a document in 849. A nobility from Linz is mentioned in 1239 and 1263, but no aristocratic residence is known. The church and parish of St. Martin zu Linz is documented in 1243. In 1353 it was under the patronage of Messrs. Gremlich von Pfullendorf, whose imperial fief it became in 1376. In 1440 the imperial fiefdom came to the lords of Reischach , later of Freyberg , Neuhausen and Schwendi . Linz was also subject to the lower court of the imperial city and hospital of Überlingen and the Wald monastery .
In 1665 a nobleman von Neuhaus had left the rest of the Linz manor in lieu of a debt claim to the Konstanzer Jesuit College , which did not come into full ownership until 1671, when the childless Freybergers bequeathed their Linz estate to the Jesuits. The lordship of Linz, belonging to the Upper Austrian Landgraviate of Nellenburg in 1773 , was the Upper Austrian Chamber until the mediatization in 1805 and was subordinate to the knightly canton of Hegau , which was entitled to tax and weapons law; the highest jurisdiction lay in the Fürstenberg county of Heiligenberg , which probably had sovereignty early on.
Aach was first mentioned in a document in 1185. In 1458 Aach was owned by Gremlich zu Pfullendorf and in 1557 the hamlet was owned by Count Friedrich von Fürstenberg . The Königsbronn monastery and the Pfullendorf hospital had tax sovereignty . Aach belonged to the Fürstenberg family until 1806 and then became part of the Grand Duchy of Baden . The Petershausen monastery held manorial property in the Herdwangen estate until 1803 .
In 1924 the two villages merged to form an independent double village . Aach-Linz was still assigned to the Pfullendorf office. In 1936 it was merged with the Überlingen district office, from which the Überlingen district emerged in 1939.
Towards the end of the Second World War , French prisoners of war were housed in the gym. On February 25, 1945, a bomber, presumably by means of an emergency drop , discharged nine high-explosive bombs and over 100 stick incendiary bombs in the open field between Aach-Linz and Herdwangen.  During the death marches from the desert camps in the direction of the Swabian Oberland and the Alps, a column of emaciated, often sick concentration camp prisoners was led from Meßkirch via Wald and Aach-Linz to Ostrach and arrived there on April 22, 1945. Even before arriving in Ostrach, two exhausted prisoners were shot in the forest near Buchschoren.   At that time, the Ebersbach pastor noted in the parish chronicle: "Those who can no longer receive a shot in the neck - from."  Witnesses from Denkingen confirmed this.  In the forest between Ostrach and Pfullendorf, two individual graves still commemorate this atrocity by the guards at the time.  After the war ended, Aach-Linz was part of the French zone of occupation .
The district reform of 1973 resulted in the incorporation into the district of Sigmaringen. The double community was incorporated into the city of Pfullendorf on January 1, 1975. 
Aach-Linz had around 50 farmers in the 1960s, but in 2015 there were only nine full-time farmers and a few part-time farmers. However, many companies and service providers were added in the Stelzacker industrial park and throughout the town. 
Aach-Linz currently has 1258 inhabitants (as of May 2015), including Sahlenbach with 74 inhabitants and Reute with 16 inhabitants.  235 people are under 18 years of age. Since April 2010 there has been an influx of around 250 people. 
The Catholic parish of St. Martin belongs to the pastoral care unit Wald / Hohenzollern in the dean's office in Sigmaringen-Meßkirch . The “Linzer Fond” is part of the church's forest property, a 250-hectare wooded area between Sahlenbach and Herdwangen that belongs to the Archdiocese of Freiburg. The proceeds of this have been available to the Archbishop of Freiburg for centuries. Wine was once grown in Linz: the local Jesuits pressed their mass wine from the grapes.  The Evangelical Congregation belongs to Pfullendorf.
- 1970–1975: Oskar Rapp 
The village of Aach-Linz has its own local council , which consists of nine voluntary local councils including a local mayor as chairman. The seat of the local administration is the Aach-Linz town hall . The local council has existed since 1975 and is directly elected by the people. The electoral term lasts five years. Since the municipal elections in Baden-Württemberg 2014, the local council has been composed as follows:  
coat of arms
The coat of arms of Aach-Linz shows in a divided shield with a blue-silver cloud border above two golden diagonal bars in red, below in blue three (2: 1) golden balls.
Culture and sights
The Martin Place with the Town Hall and the parish church of St. Martin is a newly designed village square and formed the town centers of Linz:
- The Catholic parish church of St. Martin was first mentioned in 972.  Today's church building dates back to 1275.  The late Gothic church building at that time had a tower to the west.   From about 1670 onwards, the Jesuits of Konstanz were the village lords for a hundred years.  During this time, the church was converted to Baroque style: the reconstruction took place in 1754  , according to another statement in 1756  . Here the church received its carved pews  , the high and side altar   , the pulpit  and corner medallions  . The high altar picture of Saint Martin and the exterior choir fresco of the Immaculate are attributed to Johann Konrad Wengner (?), And were probably made around 1754.  In 1868 the old dilapidated church tower was demolished.  During the construction of a new church tower, it collapsed on September 11, 1877 due to construction defects.   Then an emergency bell tower was built.  In 1922 the parish church was renovated: It received stained glass windows  , a large mission cross  and a neo-baroque ceiling painting byJosef Mariano Kitschker  . In 1938 the current church tower was rebuilt.  The church was renovated in 1961.  In 1987 a major interior renovation followed. In 1991 the inauguration of the new altar was celebrated.  In 1995 a new pipe organ was inaugurated.  The furnishings include an excellent bust of Our Lady of Sorrows made from fired clay.  It was probably created around 1430 and can be attributed to the proximity to the master of Eriskirch .  The ringing consists of four bells. A fifth bell came back from the bell depot to the parish church after the Second World War and is now on the floor of the bell chamber. 
- Today's town hall is housed in the so-called Freyberg'schen Schlösschen . It was built at the end of the 16th century as a mansion for the village lords of Freyberg.
- The 15th century Kelnhof was the tithe and court of justice of Aach. Here the gentlemen from the cathedral capital and the Werdenberger bailiffs sat in court.
- The old school (built in 1832) on Oberdorfstrasse was built from demolition stones from the Pfullendorf Steinbrunnertores. It was in operation until the new school was built in 1962. Today the Montessori primary school Linzgau is housed in the new building. 
- The Schlossgarten-Halle has been used for cultural events since 2001 . 
- There used to be three mills in Aach-Linz: the upper, middle and lower mill. All are out of order. 
- The weekly and farmer's market has been held on Thursdays between 4:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. since 2006.  
Economy and Infrastructure
Aach-Linz lies on the western part of the disused Altshausen – Schwackenreute railway line , which was opened by the Baden State Railways on August 11, 1873. The district of Aach had a train station. In 1951 the train sequence position was canceled and downgraded to a stop . The German Federal Railroadceased passenger traffic on the entire route on September 26, 1971. Until then, it was possible to take the “rail bus” from Pfullendorf to Aach-Linz. The section was only used for freight traffic, which in turn was discontinued on May 29, 1983 on the western section between Schwackenreute and Pfullendorf and the section was dismantled. Local public transport (ÖPNV) now takes place entirely via the Pfullendorf – Überlingen bus connection in the Bodensee-Oberschwaben transport association (bodo). Aach-Linz is crossed by Bodenseestraße L 194/195. A traffic load from cars and trucks is to be eliminated by a bypass. She is registered for the action plan for the general transport plan.
- Montessori primary school Linzgau
- Aach-Linz on the website of the city of Pfullendorf
- Aach-Linz (old community / suburb) on the website of www.leo-bw.de (regional information system for Baden-Württemberg)
- The history of the municipality of Aach-Linz until 1924 . In: Musik- und Reitverein Aach-Linz GbR (Hrsg.): Festschrift for the anniversary 150 years of music association, 50 years of riding and driving association, 30 years of youth band from May 29 to June 1, 2009
- Districts on the website of the City of Pfullendorf , accessed on June 3, 2015
- Kirsten Johanson (kaj): Aach-Linz: An intact village community . In: Südkurier of May 12, 2015
- See Pfullendorf a) Aach-Linz . In: The state of Baden-Württemberg. Official description by district and municipality. Volume VII: Tübingen administrative region. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 1978, ISBN 3-17-004807-4 . Pp. 834-841, here p. 835.
- Siegwalt Schiek: On the late Celtic shards of Aach-Linz, Gde. Pfullendorf, Lkr. Sigmaringen . In: Find reports Baden-Württemberg . Volume 12, 1987, pp. 299-302
- Christoph Morrissey, Dieter Müller: Wall systems in the district of Sigmaringen. Theiss publishing house. 2007. ISBN 978-3-8062-2107-7 .
- List 3: Final dating of the post-Limestone coins in southwest Germany . P. 423-430, here P. 424. In: Claudia Theune: Germanen and Romanen in the Alamannia: structural changes due to the archaeological sources from the 3rd to the 7th century . Verlag Walter de Gruyter, 2004. ISBN 3-11-017866-4
- Robert Reschke: Looking back on 800 years of Linz and the surrounding area . In: Südkurier from November 19, 2014
- Heinrich Müller: Bomber over Aach-Linz . In: Südkurier from April 28, 2005
- Cf. Volker Mall: The Dissolution of the Desert Camps: Rail Transports and Death Marches (PDF). P. 3ff., Here p. 4.
- See Jobst Bittner: March of Life
- Gerhard Reischmann: Five kilometers of death march . In: Context of the weekly newspaper , issue 163, from May 14, 2014
- Josef Unger: Death March 70 Years Ago: Places of thought remember the victims . In: Südkurier of April 22, 2015
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes for municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27th, 1970 to December 31st, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 549.
- Jürgen Witt (jüw), Gudrun Beicht (at): History, facts and figures on Aach-Linz . In: Südkurier of May 12, 2015
- Kirsten Johanson (kaj): Aach-Linz: A place worth living in . In: Südkurier of May 12, 2015
- Result of local council election Aach-Linz 2014 ( memento from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) on the website of the city of Pfullendorf
- Very high voter turnout . In: Südkurier of June 10, 2009
- The parish church of St. Martin in Aach-Linz ( Memento from May 12, 2015 in the web archive archive.today ) on the website of the pastoral care unit forest; accessed on May 12, 2015
- Cf. Aach-Linz . In: Georg Dehio (Hrsg.): Handbuch der Deutschen Kunstdenkmäler. Baden-Württemberg II: The administrative districts of Freiburg and Tübingen , Deutscher Kunstverlag, Munich 1997, ISBN 3-422-03030-1 . P. 1, here: Catholic Parish Church St. Martin , P. 1.
- The new organ of the parish church of St. Martin in Aach-Linz: Festschrift for the organ consecration on April 17, 1995 . Parish of St. Martin, 1995
- Catholic parish church St. Martin in Pfullendorf-Aach-Linz on the website of the bell inspection of the Archdiocese of Freiburg; accessed on May 12, 2015
- Information on the Schlossgarten-Halle on the website of the city of Pfullendorf, accessed on April 2, 2018