Aach in the Allgäu - Aach im Allgäu
Aach in the Allgäu
|Height :||647 m|
|Incorporation :||January 1, 1972|
|Postal code :||87534|
|Area code :||08386|
Aach is a district of the Oberstaufen market in the Oberallgäu district ( Bavaria ). As part of the municipal reorganization of Bavaria, the municipality of Aach im Allgäu was incorporated into the Oberstaufen market on January 1, 1972.  In the course of the last few decades, the village post station, the school, the parish and the customs post were abandoned as relics of independence and the border location with Austria .
The church village is located in the southern Allgäu in an alpine valley at 647 meters above sea level, right on the border between Bavaria and Vorarlberg . In Aach there is an integrated eco-village with its own combined heat and power plant .
The former municipality of Aach consisted of the following localities:
and numerous other hamlets and farmsteads in the Weißach Valley and on the slopes of the Imbergkamm. The municipal area extended to the border with Immenstadt , Blaichach , Balderschwang , as well as to the Austrian municipalities in Vorarlberg Hittisau , Riefensberg and Sulzberg over all mountains of the Nagelfluhkette between Stuiben and the Hochhäderich . The community owned numerous alpine farms and an area of almost 100 km², which made it one of the most extensive in Bavaria.
The term Aach derives from the flowing river near the village of White oh off. However, locals of community origin do not call their main town Aach , but Dra (with an elongated 'a'). Accordingly, the adjective reads dramar or dramer (for example d 'dramar church or dramer village hall  ).
The townscape is determined by the Catholic parish and former pilgrimage church Maria Schnee . It was built in 1719, received an elaborate rococo altarpiece in 1779 and a tower with a belfry and clockwork in 1823.
Further sights of the place are the rectory belonging to the church and the cemetery chapel.
In the hamlet of Hagspiel (three kilometers up the slope) there is a picturesque chapel that was consecrated to Brother Klaus in 1965 .
At Krebs, the Weißach and the Eibelebach are dammed up to generate electricity. The reservoirs are the largest bodies of water in the Oberstaufen municipality.
- Information about the district of Markt Oberstaufen
- Aach in the location database of the Bayerische Landesbibliothek Online . Bavarian State Library