Alfonso Paz-Andrade - Alfonso Paz-Andrade
|Birth name||Afonso Paz-Andrade Rodríguez|
|Birth|| October 4 , 1940 |
Vigo , Galicia , Spain
|Death|| June 7 , 2021(80 years old) |
Gondomar ( Spain )
|Cause of death||Traffic accident|
|Fathers||Valentín Paz Andrade and Pilar Rodríguez de Prada|
|Educated in||University of Santiago de Compostela|
Son of the intellectual, politician and businessman Valentín Paz Andrade , he graduated in Law from the University of Santiago de Compostela , but his later paths turned around the world of fishing and he pursued further studies related to Economics and fishing technology in Italy . Sweden , Iceland and England . [ 2 ]
Relationship with the fishing industry
In 1970 he founded the company Ibercisa , a naval machinery company , in Vigo , of which he was CEO until 1976 when he joined Pescanova and in June 1977 [ 3 ] he replaced his father as CEO of the same company. Under his direction and together with the main shareholder Manuel Fernández de Sousa , Pescanova became a leading global fishing company. Paz-Andrade participated in numerous boards of directors of mixed fishing companies, owned by Pescanova ( joint ventures ).
He participated in the founding of other companies, such as the conversion of the Ascón shipyards into Rodman Polyships , the Galician Information Institute or the La Naviera insurance company , which finally merged with Mutua Gallega , a company of which Paz-Andrade was vice president.
He promoted the celebration in Vigo of an international fishing fair, the World Fishing Exhibition , of which he presided over the 1973, 1985, 1991, 1997, 2003 and 2009 editions. He also held different institutional positions, such as president of Anasco , member of the consortium from the Vigo Free Trade Zone , general counsel of Caixa Galicia and member of the Advisory Council for the Promotion of Innovation in Galicia. He was also a founding member of the Museo do Pobo Galego and belongs to the directors of the Castelao Foundation , the Neira Vilas Foundation , the Luís Seoane Foundation and the Caixa Galicia Foundation.. He was also the director of the fishing magazine Industrias Pesqueras , founded in 1927.
He died in Gondomar on June 7, 2021 in a traffic accident. [ 1 ]
- "Businessman Alfonso Paz-Andrade dies in a traffic accident in Gondomar . " The Voice of Galicia . June 7, 2021 . Retrieved June 7, 2021 .
- «« Bouzas is the fishing cradle of Galicia and, perhaps, that of Spain »» . The voice of Galicia . Retrieved May 5, 2014 .
- «Paz-Andrade ceases to be CEO of Pescanova after 30 years» . www.elpais.com . Retrieved May 5, 2014 .
- «Paz Andrade accredits that the FROB forced him to sell Pescanova shares» . The Galician Post . Retrieved May 15, 2014 .
- "Paz Andrade fined for hiding the sale of Pescanova shares" . The voice of Galicia . Retrieved June 17, 2014 .
- « " TOP RICOS BOLSA 2011 " » . kiosco.elmundo.orbyt.es . Retrieved May 5, 2014 .