Ana Kiro - Ana Kiro
|Birth|| January 24 , 1942 |
Arzúa ( Spain )
|Death||September 24 , 2010 (68 years)|
|Cause of death||Ovarian cancer|
As a singer
Ana Kiro's career began in Barcelona , within the Galician emigration. Married since she was very young, she also separated very young and had to raise the family economy and her daughter. He tried his luck in the world of song, which until then was only a hobby, and reaped moderate success until he signed for the Belter record company . He then toured with light music singers such as José Guardiola , participated in different song contests and then worked as a vocalist in a Spanish television program , Galas del Saturday , presented by Joaquín Prat and Laura Valenzuela. Ana Kiro has one of the broadest recording careers in Galicia, and has currently reached the number of 32 long-term albums published, where she has always been nourished by popular songs from the country and the compositions of various Galician authors.
Ana Kiro has built her success by offering hundreds of concerts throughout her long professional career. Until 1999, the year in which she stopped offering live performances due to stress problems, this singer offered an average of one hundred concerts a year, which made Ana Kiro a classic of pilgrimages and festivals throughout the country.
The music of Ana Kiro is inextricably linked to the popular festivals of Galicia. All those who have ever attended a pilgrimage or a festival will have heard the voice of this artist, who has offered hundreds of concerts throughout her long career.
At the beginning of the seventies he made his first trips to Galicia and met the composer Manuel Muñiz . He adapts a popular theme and gives it to Ana Kiro to interpret. It will be Galicia, terra meiga , from 1973 , which he has to record on the Olimpo label , dedicated to folk music, because it is in Galician. Of that song he sells more than 100,000 copies and remains for three months in the sales lists ahead of bestsellers of the seventies such as Julio Iglesias . [ 2 ] From that theme he continued his collaborations with Muñiz, and also with Xosé Luís Blanco Campaña as a performer and composer.
Galicia, terra meiga opens the doors of emigration for Ana Kiro , and she begins to travel to Switzerland , Germany , France , and from 1976 , to America. 24,000 spectators attended one of the concerts he gave on this continent, breaking the attendance record that Manolo Escobar had for that one .
In 1998 he retired from the world of the song, although previously ( 1995 ) they paid him a tribute in A Coruña that was broadcast on Galicia Television and that achieved a large audience. From that moment on, his relationship with television began, which began with the talk-show Toda unha vida and continued with Tardes con Ana . Later she participated as a leading actress in the series A miña sogra e mais eu .
Due to his death, TVG decided to dedicate a special to him on the legendary Galician program "Luar" that Friday, reaching a large audience of 221,000 viewers and a 24.3% share. [ 3 ] The next day, Friday September 25, 2010, the TVG decided to pay tribute to her with a program dedicated to her, "Ana Kiro: Toda una vida", with which she once again achieved a large audience, by convincing her 237,000 viewers and a 24.1% share. [ 4 ]
Ana Kiro, whose real name was María Dolores Casanova González, was born in 1942 in Castañeda (Arzúa). Daughter of the Civil Guard, when she was 19 months old, the family moved to Pineda de Mar, on the Costa Brava, and after a hiatus in Cedeira , to a barracks house in the middle of Barcelona's Paralelo. There, while working in a spinning mill, he began to make his way on the radio, until his father heard it and forbade him to continue in show business. She had to marry, at age 19, to resume her musical career, which she did not abandon even when, again despite the family and the times, at 23 she separated from her husband. [ 5 ]
She was married to Carlos Rivero and she has a daughter. In 2006 she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer , for which she underwent surgery. In 2007 , in the program Volver ao rego , by Xosé Luís Barreiro Rivas , she made her reappearance as a guest.
He passed away on September 24, 2010 as a result of cancer. [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ] His body was veiled in the auditorium Gabriel García Márquez, this town of Oleiros, and then went to the parish church where the funeral was held. Then she received a Christian burial in the Serantes cemetery, Mera, next to the grave of her father, Guardia Civil, to whom she was very close. [ 10 ]
- For the last time (1967)
- Galicia terra meiga ( 1973 ). Gold cassette with 100,000 copies sold
- Viva Galicia (1974)
- This is how Galicia sings ( 1975 ). Joint album with Andrés do Barro , Pepe Domingo Castaño and Bernardo Xosé .
- Remembering Galicia ( 1976 )
- Sing to Galicia ( 1977 )
- Canta ó galego Manuel Muñiz (1978)
- Your love was so little (1978)
- Tribute to the emigrants (1978)
- My village (1978)
- Christmas and Galician things (1978)
- Galicia of my loves (1979)
- From Mexico and with mariachi ( 1979 )
- Ana Kiro ( 1979 )
- Word, Word (1979)
- One more emigrant (1980)
- Boatman . ( 1981 )
- I ♥ Galicia (I love Galicia) (1982)
- Galician worker (1983)
- Living in A Coruña ( 1983 )
- Viva Galicia (1983)
- My Galicia (1984)
- Boleros (1985)
- Of vacations ( 1985 )
- I remember Pucho Boedo (1986)
- Ponteareas (1987)
- A Bamba (1988)
- You dragged the ass by the straws ( 1989 )
- 25 years singing (1990)
- Emigrants (1991)
- The flower of the gorse (1992)
- Jacobean Year (1993)
- A banana (1994)
- Witches out! ( 1994 )
- Pídechas the body (1995)
- With my people ( 1996 )
- A whole life ( 1998 )
- Compilation (2002)
- Viva Galicia 2 (2004)
- Galician Potpurri - Lost Kisses ( 1975 )
- A rianxeira - What do you have in Galicia? ( 1976 )
- Let them say mass - The night of my evil ( 1979 )
- Combined Pratos (1997). Interpreting herself
- My mother-in-law and I ( 2004 ). In the role of "Ana"
- The Atlantic (2008). Interpreting herself
- A lifetime ( 1996 - 97 ) Presenter
- Afternoons with Ana ( 1998 - 01 ). Presenter
- What a good afternoon ( 2002 ). Presenter
- Ana Kiro, about to go to Eurovision 69
- The Galician who surpassed Julio Iglesias
- Ana Kiro's early years in the article "Ana Kiro dies, the voice that reached all homes"
- Galician singer Ana Kiro dies at 68
- Singer Ana Kiro, great pop icon of Galician verbena, dies
- "Numerous signs of regret for the death of the artist Ana Kiro" . Archived from the original on August 12, 2014 . Retrieved September 24, 2010 .
- Ana Kiro passes away, the singer of “Galicia, terra meiga”
- Ana will rest in Mera with her father