Anatol Kotte - Anatol Kotte
life and work
Kotte was born in Minden Westphalia as the son of a graphic artist and a seamstress. In 1981 he started working as a photo assistant for the advertising photographer. Horst Wackerbarth , Reinhardt Wolf , Chuck Ealovega and Michael Erhart . During this time Anatol Kotte developed his passion for portraits, which continues to this day in his work. His interest in the direct representation of people can initially be found in works for magazines (including Tempo and Wiener). Especially after he started his own business in 1988, photographers worked as assistants - Andreas Mühe among others . Since 1990 advertising orders have been added to the artistic work - among others for Michael Schirnerawarded by the Art Directors Club . In addition to his artistic work, Anatol Kotte was a guest lecturer at the University of Communication Design Merz Akademie Stuttgart in 1991 with the project work The ambulant portrait studio . In 1993 Kotte's first solo exhibition took place in the PPS gallery in Hamburg. Further exhibitions followed - also under the patronage of FCGundlach . At the same time, Anatol Kotte continues to concentrate on portraits of politicians, actors and personalities, from Angela Merkel to Rihanna to Jeff Goldblum. His portraits have been published internationally and nationally in magazines and newspapers. In 2015 his first book of portraits, Iconication, was published . Anatol Kotte is married, has four daughters and lives in Hamburg.
Solo exhibitions / excerpt
- Silent Companions, 2000, Hamburg
- 22hours gallery, 2001, Berlin
- Contributed, 2013, Berlin
- Lyra-Karaoke, 2014, Hamburg
- Photo summit , 2016, Oberstdorf
- Portraits , 2016, Theaterhaus Stuttgart
- Portraits, 2016, Fashion Week, Berlin
Group exhibitions / excerpt
- Images of People, 1996, Kampnagel, Hamburg
- German Aids Aid, 1996, Art Museum, Düsseldorf
- Four Photographers , 1998, Galerie Cato Jans, Hamburg
- Medicins sans frontière, 1999, international traveling exhibition
- My Parents, 2000, Thai Cong Galerie, Hamburg
- Famous , 2003, club photo Gruner + Jahr, Hamburg
- Homage to Irving Penn , 2007, Aplanat Galerie, Hamburg
- Anatol Kotte. In: anatolkotte.com. Retrieved July 12, 2016 .
- Anatol Kotte: I Plan, but Allow Room for Spontaneity / Sleek Art - Art World. In: Deutsch. Abgerufen am 12. Juli 2016.
- Alexandra Maschewski: The icon maker. Retrieved July 12, 2016 .
- Anatol Kotte: top agents of themselves . In: The time . December 27, 2015, ISSN 0044-2070 ( zeit.de [accessed on July 12, 2016]).
- Photography: Anatol Kotte tells how a picture becomes an icon - manager magazin. Retrieved July 12, 2016 .
- Making-of 'Iconication': Powerfully close | Pictures & Stories | PHOTOGRAPHIE.de. In: www.photographie.de. Retrieved July 12, 2016 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German photographer, artist and director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||5th July 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||All|