|Address||Luis Briñas, 12|
|Applications||Residential and commercial|
|Named after||Monte Amboto|
|Estimated completion||December 2023|
|Cost||30 million euros|
|Architectural height||119 m|
|Surface||7 947 m²|
|Plot area||2 247 m²|
|Design and build|
|Architect||Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners|
|District Attorney||Inversiones y Servicios Arrasate SA|
|Constructor||Dragados ( ACS Group )|
|Others||CC on floors 0, 1 and 2|
|Installations||Pool, gym, sauna, solarium, txoko and children's games on the 3rd floor|
|No. of parking spaces||239|
Anboto Dorrea is a 119-meter, 36-story skyscraper project that will be built in Bilbao in the Garellano complex . Located next to the underground Bilbao Intermodal Station , the building will be located very close to the Basurto Hospital , the San Mamés Stadium , the Bilbao School of Engineering and the New Faculty of Medicine and Nursing of the UPV-EHU , whose transfer from Lejona it is planned for 2024. [ 1 ] It will be the ninth building and the fifth and last tower of the complex.
Its construction consists of two phases. In the first, started in September 2020 by the construction company Dragados (a subsidiary of the ACS Group ), the ground will be laid on which the building will be located. Once completed, the construction of the tower will begin, the complete completion of which is scheduled for December 2023. When it is completed it will be the second tallest building in the Basque Country after the Iberdrola Tower and the tallest building for housing in this community. [ 2 ]
Garellano is one of the areas that has undergone the greatest renovation in the new urban reorganization of Bilbao . The project of the Rogers Stirk Harbor + Partners team , led by Richard Rogers , was chosen for the design of the complex of eight houses in Garellano , which concludes with the construction of the Anboto Dorrea. His choice was motivated by a jury made up of members of the Bilbao City Council , the Bilbao Ría 2000 society , the Basque Government.and architects experts in urban planning, from among five shortlisted projects. These projects were those of the teams Carlos Ferrater / Luis Domínguez, Junquera Arquitectos SLP, MVRDV / IA + B, Suárez & Santas Arquitectos and the aforementioned directed by Richard Rogers .
The Anboto Dorrea development will consist of 5 basement floors with 239 garages and 166 storage rooms, a tower with the first 3 floors (0, 1, 2) of commercial equipment, 3rd floor with community equipment (gym, txoko , swimming pool, sauna, solarium and children's games) [ 4 ] and 32 floors for a total of 166 cooperative dwellings. [ 5 ]
The Anboto Dorrea homes will have quality equipment, an efficient distribution and exterior rooms that offer great luminosity and views of the city. They will also consist of 2 or 3 bedrooms, large terraces of up to 26 m², double-glazed carpentry separated by an insulating air chamber and optimal acoustic insulation. The heating will have a radiant floor system by water, by means of aerothermal energy . In addition, all the homes will have a home automation installation that includes: intrusion alarm, fire alarm, power supply cut notice, air conditioning control and remote telephone control. The building will have energy certificate A.
Controversy over the redesign of the original
Once the final design was presented at the end of October 2019, [ 6 ] and after the Anboto Dorrea project underwent two modifications compared to the original, its owners expressed their dissatisfaction with what had not been projected or acquired off-plan, pointing out both the developer Arrasate and Richard Rogers' architecture studio . [ 7 ] [ 8 ]
The area where the building will be located is the best communicated in the city. Thus, it has the following services in its perimeter:
- Bilbao Intermodal bus station , which is buried under the square in front of the building.
- Bilbao Metro , through the San Mamés Interchange .
- Renfe Cercanías , through the San Mamés Interchange.
- Bilbao tram , with three surrounding stations: San Mamés , Hospital and Basurto .
- Feve , through the Basurto Hospital station .
- "The new Basurto Faculty of Medicine will open its doors in 2024" . The Mail . December 16, 2018 . Retrieved June 14, 2020 .
- «The last tower of Garellano will be the tallest residential building in Euskadi» . www.eitb.eus . Retrieved January 12, 2019 .
- «Garellano will host the tallest residential skyscraper in the Basque Country, measuring 119 meters» . The Mail . March 28, 2018 . Retrieved January 12, 2019 .
- «TOWER COMES» . The Mail . November 9, 2018 . Retrieved January 12, 2019 .
- «Passion for living in height. Deia, Bizkaia News » . Deia . Archived from the original on January 13, 2019 . Retrieved January 12, 2019 .
- Alonso, Alberto G. (October 26, 2019). Garellano's fifth tower presents its final design . Deia. Archived from the original on October 28, 2019 . Retrieved October 26, 2019 .
- Anboto Tower owners accuse the construction company of "not respecting the initial design" . Cadena Ser. October 30, 2019 . Retrieved November 2, 2019 .
- Domínguez, José (November 2, 2019). The redesign of the Garellano skyscraper loses spectacularity . The Mail . Retrieved November 2, 2019 . (requires subscription) .