Anderbeck - Anderbeck
Unified Church of Huy
|Height :||142 m|
|Area :||10,3 km²|
|Residents :||531 (Dec. 31, 2016)|
|Population density :||52 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||1. April 2002|
|Postal code :||38836|
|Area code :||039422|
Anderbeck is located around 16 km northwest of Halberstadt , on the north side of the Huys , in the Harz district in Saxony-Anhalt . Anderbeck can be reached from Bundesstraße 244 . It is 3 km east of the B 244, which runs from Helmstedt to Wernigerode , and 5 km north of the B 79 , which runs from Braunschweig to Halberstadt.
The name Anderbeck is most likely derived from the Low German name of the Hohlebach ("Beeke"), a small stream that flows through this place (Anderbeck = an der Beeke, formerly also called Anderbike).
The first documentary mention was made on May 5, 1086 by Bishop Burchard II of Halberstadt . He donated a Hufe Landes zu Anderbike to the Ilsenburg Monastery . Settlement of the Anderbecker Flur took place much earlier and is around 2000 BC. BC in the Neolithic and documented by stone box grave finds in 1961 north of the Huy area and other finds in 1991. Around 800 AD, the settlement was created in the form of a spacious, Franconian street village along the Hohlebach , favored by hunting opportunities in the Huy, the good soil and the proximity to the stream.
The first church (today the "Black Eagle") is said to have been built in the 8th century south of a pagan cult site . This cult site was the starting point for Anderbeck's settlement and development. The well that still exists today provided water even in the driest years and thus, according to extracts from the chronicle, supplied the entire population and livestock of Anderbeck. In the immediate vicinity of this fountain there is an old oak that was supposedly planted on a rock head. The Anderbeck coat of arms thus reflects the historical origin of the place: 1. the blue background of the coat of arms symbolizes the fountain that always carries water and 2. the silver oak leaves with the four acorns the old oak standing there (see: Petra Schäftner, Harald Beckmann:Anderbeck through the ages . Horb am Neckar 1997).
At the request of Frederick the Great, the Dutch colonist house "Langes Handtuch" was built for 12 families in 1769 to accommodate the Swabian workers who look after the quarry on behalf of the Huysburg monastery; each colonist received a room and a chamber, plus an open fireplace in the hallway.
- Anderbeck windmill on Lindenberg
- Watermill Kuckucksmühle Huy-Neinstedt, a former feudal mill of the Huysburg monastery between Anderbeck and Huy-Neinstedt
- Manor with storage
- Black Eagle
- St. Martin Church; a specialty in the region: a church with two towers, a tent tower and a smaller baroque tower
- Graves in the local cemetery for three Polish slave laborers who perished during the Second World War
- Petra Schäftner and Harald Beckmann: Anderbeck through the ages . Geiger-Verlag, Horb am Neckar 1997 (1st edition)
- Support association between Huy and Bruch eV: Anderbeck. In: Huy community - a Burgenland in miniature. (Brochure), Anderbeck Verlag, Anderbeck 2006, pages 8–9