Anderten is on the federal road 209 between the places Gadesbünden and Rethem . It borders on the district of Heidekreis . The place is east of the forest area Eystruper Bruch and lies north of the Lichtenmoor . The trenches Wölpe , Schwarze Riede and Schipsegraben cross the Anderten district.
Anderten does not have its own postcode, it is shared with Heemsen. There are also no street names, only house numbers that were or will be assigned according to the order in which the houses were erected. Ecclesiastically, the chapel community Anderten is part of the parish of Heemsen (since approx. 1904, since 2012 parish of Heemsen-Drakenburg). Before that, Anderten belonged to the parish of Eystrup.
The place was first mentioned in 1230. The village appeared on historical maps as early as 1302. Anderten was strategically located on several important trade routes and routes. These included, among others, the “Folcendung” ( Folkweg ), the “Heswich” (Hesseweg) and the Via Regia or Salzstraße from Minden to Bremen . This made the place interesting as a stopover for traders and as a "customs office" between the various counties and principalities. The Andertenburg, of which nothing is preserved today, was probably used as a customs office. More detailed information about the plant is not known.
At times, Anderten belonged to County Hoya. Both the principality of Calenberg, to which the neighboring town of Gadesbünden belonged, and the principality of Lüneburg had claims on the village. In 1932 Anderten came to the Nienburg district as part of a regional reform .
The origin of the place name Anderten is not verifiable. Whether he comes from a noble family is not clear. It is also little known whether there was a connection to today's Hanover district of Anderten .
The Hämelsee manor and lake belong to the village of Anderten . The estate was first mentioned in a document in 1345. Today there is a popular campsite in the area around the Hämelsee with an attached holiday home area in the adjacent forest. The lake is a popular local recreation area for the entire region. There is public access to it due to the earlier “sheep washing law”. When sheep farming was gradually abandoned, the right was converted into a child washing right. The residents of Anderten have free access to the Hämelsee to this day due to the sheep washing right.
Despite the first documented mention of the place in 1230, it can be assumed that the village has a much older settlement history. There are finds of stone age tools. In 1737 there was a report of a small wooden chapel in the village. The village still has a small chapel with an adjoining cemetery where there is a monthly service. The chapel is in a renovated and restored condition.
On March 1, 1974 Anderten was incorporated into the community of Heemsen. 
After building sites had been created in the village from around 2000, young families with children moved into the village. There is a strong sense of togetherness among the local residents, which is expressed through a lively club life. Despite the small number of inhabitants, Anderten has a rifle club (founded in 1905) with a youth department, the Anderten volunteer fire brigade (founded in 1932), a women's gymnastics group (since 1982) and a home club called "Trafo-Verein" (founded in 2001). In the same year Anderten took part in the district decision of the competition “Our village should become more beautiful, our village has a future” and came second behind Brokeloh . There is a theater company in the village.
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart and Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 198.