Andreas "Andi" Schreiber (born October 10, 1957 in Dornbirn ) is an Austrian jazz musician ( violin , composition , arrangement ) and music teacher. For the Austrian music lexicon he is “one of the most prominent representatives of his instrument in Europe, who is known for his expressive joy in playing. "
Schreiber studied violin, singing (jazz) and composition at the Musikhochschule Graz , where he graduated with a diploma in composition. Since 1990 he has taught there at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna , and since 1991 he has also led the jazz violin class at the Anton Bruckner Private University for Music, Drama and Dance in Linz. As a lecturer, he has performed internationally at workshops.
In addition to his teaching activities, he regularly gives concerts with various ensembles in Europe, Russia, the USA and China. He worked closely with Dieter Glawischnig , first with the Neighbors trio he founded (with Ewald Oberleitner and John Preininger ), then with the NDR Bigband and Ernst Jandl ( From the Briefness of Life 1995, rec. 1979). With Glawischnig and Tony Oxley he worked in the formation Circle , which moves in the border area between jazz and new music , since 1998 in the Cercle a Due (in a trio with the drummerJohn Marshall and Vladimir Tarasov ). He recorded two albums with the Ensemble Experimenti Berlin around Bardo Henning . In recent years he has appeared increasingly with Andy Manndorff and with Der böse Zustand . He also maintains a duo with the singer Angelika Hagen .
As a composer he has created sound installations and music for various theaters. Beyond the genre of jazz, he tries to find and develop new ways of expressing contemporary music with the help of jazz improvisation, incorporating a variety of styles, influences and sounds.
- Han Bennink / Wong Young / Andreas Schreiber / Dennis Rea / Steffen Schorn / Claudio Puntin: Free Touching (Live in Beijing at Keep in Touch) (Noise Asia 2004)
- Attosphere: Schumann Live at Glatt & Verkehrt (Sessionwork 2013, with Julia Noa Fischer, Michael Bruckner-Weinhuber and Matthias Pichler )
- Angelika Hagen / Andi Schreiber: paris zakros sunrise (listen closely 2017)
- Web presence
- Elisabeth Kolleritsch: Schreiber, Andreas. In: Oesterreichisches Musiklexikon . Online edition, Vienna 2002 ff., ISBN 3-7001-3077-5 .
- Andi Schreiber at Discogs (English)
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Austrian jazz musician (violin, composition, arrangement)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 10, 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dornbirn|