OTHER - ANDRA
The ANDRA ( A gence N ational pour la Gestion des D Échets Ra dioactifs ; German as National Agency for the management of radioactive waste ) is an organization for French disposal and especially final disposal of the arising there of radioactive waste is responsible. It was founded on November 7, 1979 as the Institut des Commissariat à l'énergie atomique (CEA) and transformed into an independent public company by law of December 30, 1991. Its headquarters are in Châtenay-Malabry (Région Île-de-France).
- Long-term responsibility for the operation of repositories (either directly or by commissioning other companies)
- Planning and construction of new repositories and implementation of the necessary investigations
- Establishing specifications for the conditioning and interim storage of radioactive waste in cooperation with the waste producers
- Participation in research into long-term waste treatment processes
ANDRA is obliged to document its work once a year and to submit the report to the responsible ministries.
- Own homepage (French): ANDRA - la maitrise des déchets radioactifs ( Eng . ANDRA - The control of radioactive waste ). In: andra.fr (December 31, 2011)