André Brasilier - André Brasilier
When teaching resumed after the end of the war, Brasilier was able to study at the École nationale supérieure des beaux-arts de Paris (ENSBA) from 1949 and already excelled ten years later with a first solo exhibition. In 1953 the Académie des Beaux-Arts awarded him the Prix de Rome and with the associated scholarship, Brasilier spent two years from 1954 at the Académie de France à Rome in the Villa Medici in Rome .
After another year on the world tour, Brasilier returned to France in 1958 and settled in Paris. In 1962 he was able to complete his first international solo exhibition in New York .
In addition to his work in his own studio, Brasilier also repeatedly worked outside of it. In 1985 he was engaged at the Opéra de Monaco for the equipment (costumes and sets) for the operetta Ciboulette by Reynaldo Hahn . In 1992 Brasilier created the costumes and sets for the opera Mignon by Ambroise Thomas , a production at the Municipal Theater of Compiègne ( Oise department ).
Brasilier was married to Chantal d'Hauterives and had a daughter and two sons with her.
- Oil paintings
- Horse riders in winter . 1969.
- Music in Versailles . 1987.
- Cavalcade rose.
- Tulips and Mimoses in bouquet .
- Theater works
- 1985 production of the operetta Ciboulette
- 1992 equipment for the opera Mignon
- Roger Bouillot, Lydia Harambourg: André Brasilier. Monograph and catalog raisonné 1982-2002 . Edition Acatos, Lausanne 2002, ISBN 2-940033-69-2 .
- Roland Doschka, David Rosenberg: André Brasilier . Skira Edition, Mailand 2014, ISBN 978-88-572-2396-4 .
- Lydia Harambourg: Brasilier (= Collection „Discover art“ ). Cercle d'art, Paris 2008, ISBN 978-2-7022-0884-7 .
- Albert Kostenevich: André Brasilier. Works 1950-2004 . Edition Acatos, Lausanne 2005, ISBN 2-940332-39-8 .
- Yann Le Pichon: Brasilier, André (André Marie Pierre) . In: General Artist Lexicon . The visual artists of all times and peoples (AKL). Volume 13, Saur, Munich et al. 1996, ISBN 3-598-22753-1 , p. 663.
- Yann Le Pichon: André Brasilier. Transfigurations . Libr. Séguier, Paris 1991, ISBN 2-87736-064-4 .
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Brazilian, André Marie Pierre (full name)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||French painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 29, 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Saumur , Department Maine-et-Loire|