André Erich Denk (born October 20, 1967 in Rotthalmünster ) is a Brigadier General of the Army of the German Armed Forces and Director of Logistics at the European Union Military Staff in Brussels . 
Training and first uses
Denk joined the German Armed Forces in July 1986 in Unna and completed his training as an officer in the repair troop . From 1988 to 1992 studied it mechanical engineering at the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Hamburg . Troop deployments followed from 1992 to 1999, including as a company commander in Bonn and Bruchsal . From 1999 to 2001 Denk completed the general staff course at the command academy of the Bundeswehr in Hamburg, and from 2001 to 2003 the French general staff course at the Collège Interarmée de Défense in Paris.
Service as a staff officer
His first assignment as a staff officer led Denk from 2003 to 2004 as Head of Department I 1 (3) in the Army Development Department of the Army Office in Cologne . This was followed by a further assignment as a consultant FÜH III 1 (basic matters of troop leadership and exercises in the army; multinational cooperation in the army) in the command staff of the army in Bonn. From 2007 to 2010, Denk was in command of the logistics battalion 131 in Bad Frankenhausen in leadership responsibility. This was followed from 2010 to 2012 as Head of the Logistics Department in the Army Commandin Koblenz . From 2012 to 2014 there was again a ministerial assignment as a speaker to State Secretary Rüdiger Wolf in the Federal Ministry of Defense in Berlin . From 2014 to 2016, Denk was the logistics group leader in the Army Development Office in Cologne. This was followed by another transfer to Berlin, where Denk was head of the protocol department in the Federal Ministry of Defense from 2016 to 2018 . 
Service as General
On January 10, 2019, Denk became the successor to Brigadier General Stefan Lüth , commander of the Bundeswehr logistics school in Osterholz-Scharmbeck.    On this post he was also promoted to Brigadier General. He handed this command over to Brigadier General Boris Nannt on October 29, 2020 . 
On November 2, 2020, he took up his position as Director of Logistics at the EU Military Staff in Brussels.
- 07/1995 – 12/1995 United Nations Protection Force (UNPF), Kroatien
- 01/1997 – 05/1997 Stabilisation Force (SFOR), Bosnien-Herzegowina
- 07/2009 – 11/2009 International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), Afghanistan
- 07/2014 – 02/2015 European Union Training Mission (EUTM), Mali
- Cross of Honor of the Bundeswehr in gold
- Cross of Honor of the Bundeswehr in silver
- Mission medal of the Bundeswehr UNPF
- United Nations Peace Forces Medal
- Mission medal of the Bundeswehr SFOR
- NATO Medal for Service SFOR
- Mission medal of the Bundeswehr in bronze ISAF
- Non Article 5 NATO Medal ISAF
- Mission medal of the Bundeswehr in bronze EUTM Mali
- CSDP Service Medal for HQ and Forces EUTM Mali
- Medal of Military Merit Republic of Mali
- Royal North Star Order Sweden
Denk is married and has two children.
- Matthias Baumann: Change of command at the logistics school of the Bundeswehr in Garlstedt. In: presseorgane.de. BTB concept Presseorgane GmbH, October 29, 2020, accessed on November 2, 2020 .
- Von der Leyen wants to add NATO's two percent target. In: https://www.faz.net . Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, March 17, 2017, accessed on May 21, 2019 .
- End and new beginning, farewell and greeting - change of command at the Bundeswehr logistics school. In: https://www.kommando.streitkraeftebasis.de . PIZ Armed Forces Base, January 11, 2019, accessed May 21, 2019 .
- Personnel changes in top military and civilian positions - January 2019. In: https://www.personal.bundeswehr.de . Press and information staff in the BMVg, January 15, 2019, accessed on May 21, 2019 .
- Peter von Döllen: Colonel Denk takes over command in Garlstedt. In: https://www.weser-kurier.de . Weser Kurier, January 12, 2019, accessed on May 21, 2019 .
- Victoria Eicker: Of cuts and glowing eyes. In: https://www.fueakbw.de . Bundeswehr Leadership Academy, October 14, 2020, accessed on October 29, 2020 .
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Think André Erich|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German soldier|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20th October 1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rotthalmünster|