Kubiczek is the younger of two sons of the political scientist Wolfgang Kubiczek. His mother, a Lao woman, had met his father in Moscow when they were both studying there. He studied for a while German in Leipzig and Bonn , but abandoned his studies.
In 1997 Kubiczek received the Brandenburg working grant , and in 1998 the Alfred Döblin grant from the Academy of Arts. His debut novel Junge Talente was published in 2002. The theme of the novel is the “literary farewell to children and youth in a declining state”, which critics put in a row with the corresponding debut works by Jakob Hein and Claudia Rusch . All three authors are "children of the last genuine GDR generation" who, in their autobiographical works, freed themselves from the "improper language" of an "indoctrinated public". 
For his second novel Die Guten und die Böse Kubiczek was nominated for the Marburg Literature Prize in 2005, and in 2007 he was awarded the Candide Prize . In 2016 he received a working grant from the Berlin Senate.  The same year Kubiczeks novel was sketch of a summer published the shortlisted the German Book Prize came. The novel focuses on a 16-year-old boy who spends the summer alone with friends in Potsdam in 1985 and falls in love for the first time.
Kubiczek lives in Berlin.
- Young talent . Rowohlt, Berlin 2002, ISBN 3-87134-446-X . (Novel)
- The good guys and the bad guys . Rowohlt, Berlin 2003, ISBN 3-87134-468-0 . (Novel)
- The stars shine above . Rowohlt, Berlin 2006, ISBN 978-3-87134-527-2 . (Novel)
- Head under water . Piper, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-492-04705-0 . (Novel)
- The comrade, the princess and their dear son . Piper, Munich 2012, ISBN 978-3-492-05234-4 . (Autobiographical novel)
- The fabulous year of anarchy . Rowohlt Verlag, Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-87134-774-0 . (Novel, online )
- Sketch of a summer , novel. Rowohlt Berlin, Berlin 2016, ISBN 978-3-87134-811-2 . (Novel)
- Come to the park that has been declared dead and look , Roman. Rowohlt Berlin, Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-87134-179-3 .
- Street of Youth , novel. Rowohlt Berlin, Berlin 2020, ISBN 978-3-7371-0025-0 .
- Literature by and about André Kubiczek in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and information on the work of André Kubiczek at Literaturport
- Short biography and reviews of works by André Kubiczek at perlentaucher.de
- Interpretations and list of works in the author's lexicon of the University of Duisburg-Essen / Faculty of Humanities - German Studies
- Geert Crauwels: New T-shirts and old clothes. Identity design and authenticity search with Jakob Hein, André Kubiczek and Claudia Rusch . ( Memento of March 14, 2016 in the Internet Archive ; PDF; 1.3 MB) In: Germanistische Mitteilungen , Vol. 66 (2007), pp. 63–81, .
- Working grants for writers awarded in 2016. State Chancellery Berlin, April 20, 2016, accessed on May 20, 2016 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Potsdam|