Schmidt studied economics at the University of Hohenheim from 1988 to 1994 . There, from 1994 to 2000 as a research assistant and was established in December 1997 with the theme Regulatory prospects for European integration in the tension between competition and industrial policy to Dr. oec. PhD . 2000-2004 Assistant Professor Schmidt was at the Georg-August University of Göttingen , where he joined in July 2004 habilitated . This was followed by positions as senior assistant at the Georg-August University in Göttingen and professorial positions at the Ruhr University in Bochum(October 2004 to September 2005) and the University of Kassel (October 2006 to February 2007). Since March 2007, Schmidt has been Professor of International Economic Policy at the EBS University of Economics and Law in Oestrich-Winkel . Since July 2008 he has held the chair for macroeconomics and international economics at the Private University of Witten / Herdecke , where he was elected vice dean of the business faculty in December of the same year .
- World economy
- International economic policy
- International business economy
- May 1998 Best PhD thesis in economics at the University of Hohenheim 1997/8, awarded by Südwestbank Stuttgart
- January 2001 teaching award at the University of Hohenheim for microeconomics and competition policy
European Association of Law and Economics (EALE), University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES), Verein für Socialpolitik (Economic Policy Committee and Competition Working Group), Antitrust Working Group of the Federal Cartel Office , European Integration Working Group , Center for European, Governance and Development Research
- with Ingo Schmidt: European competition policy and state aid control . 2nd Edition. Vahlen, Munich 2006.
- with Stefan Voigt : The “more economic approach” in abuse control: some critical remarks on the proposals of the Directorate-General for Competition . In: Economy and Competition . tape 56, 2006, S. 1097–1106.
- with Renate Ohr: Institutional Alternatives in the European Union: The Example of the Stability and Growth Pact . In: Journal for Economic Policy . tape 55, 2006, S. 127–149.
- mit Stefan Voigt: Switching to Substantial Impediments of Competition (SIC) can have Substantial Costs (SIC). In: European Competition Law Review. Band 25, 2004, S. 580–586.
- European competition policy between process and result orientation: The necessity of institutional reforms in European competition policy . In: Yearbooks for Economics and Statistics . tape 218, 1999, S. 433–452.
- Regulatory perspectives of European integration in the field of tension between competition and industrial policy . Peter Lang, Frankfurt / Main et al. 1998.
- faz.net, July 5, 2012 "The wording of the open letter from economists"
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||23. April 1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erfurt|