Wüstner comes from Lower Franconia.  He joined the Bundeswehr in 1994 as an army officer candidate . As part of his career, he went through various management positions at different levels. Wüstner was deployed abroad both in Kosovo and as a company commander of the tank grenadiers in Afghanistan . He completed the general staff / admiralty staff course with international participation at the command academy of the Bundeswehr (FüAkBw) in Hamburg. Wüstner is a lecturer at the Inner Guidance Center (ZInFü) in Koblenz and has been a guest speaker at several international conferences. Since 2008 he has been the spokesman for the General Confidants Committee at the Federal Ministry of Defense (GVPA) and thus a permanent guest of the Inner Management Advisory Board . 
In 2009 he became deputy federal chairman and in November 2013 the delegates of the 19th general assembly of the German Armed Forces Association (DBwV) elected him with 96.4 percent of the votes as the successor to Colonel Ulrich Kirsch as federal chairman.  This makes him the first chairman of the interest group, which currently has 200,000 members with operational experience . 
In June 2013, Wüstner, who basically advocates combat drones ,  in the ZDF morning magazine on the drone affair , stood behind Defense Minister Thomas de Maizière , but made it clear at the same time that such a mistake could not happen again.  In the same year he spoke in a world interview for more women in the troupe.  At the end of the year he criticized the radio program in Bavaria 2the number of defense ministers in recent years, which does not speak for continuity. In addition, he named the optimization of recruiting as an important target of German defense policy under Ursula von der Leyen . Elsewhere he wanted improvements to be made to the Bundeswehr reform , particularly because the “human and social sphere had been neglected”. 
Wüstner is married and has two children; he lives in Montabaur .
- Biography of André Wüstner (PDF) at the German Armed Forces Association
- Thomas Wittke: Staff officer André Wüstner. The 39-year-old is the new chairman of the Bundeswehr Association. In: General-Anzeiger . 22nd of November 2013.
- Steffen Hebestreit: caretaker for the soldiers' soul. In: Berliner Zeitung . November 21st 2013.
- Bundeswehrverband calls for combat drones. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung . 2nd January 2014.
- Christiane Meier: In conversation with André Wüstner, German Federal Armed Forces Association. ( Memento from June 12, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) In: ZDF morning magazine. June 6, 2013 (video no longer available)
- Simone Meyer: Bundeswehr dependent on the know-how of women. In: The world . November 26, 2013.
- Bundeswehrverband: No grace period for von der Leyen. In: Der Spiegel. December 28, 2013.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German officer and federal chairman of the German Federal Armed Forces Association|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1974|