|Andrés Cánovas Alcaraz|
|Birth|| 1958 |
Cartagena , Spain
|Educated in||Polytechnic University of Madrid|
|Employer||Polytechnic University of Madrid|
|Notable works|| Roof of the Roman Forum Quarter of Cartagena and |
Museo del Cristo de Monteagudo
Andrés Cánovas Alcaraz ( Cartagena , 1958 ) architect by the Higher Technical School of Architecture of Madrid . In 1987 he joined forces with Atxu Amann and Nicolás Maruri, with whom he will develop a large number of projects up to the present time, in his studio located in Aravaca . It will also be from this moment, when they begin their career as teachers at the ETSAM ( Higher Technical School of Architecture of Madrid). His research work focuses on the search for new types of housing units and new reconfigurations of residential buildings, in accordance with the contemporary public space and with more urban issues. In 2015, he received his Doctorate in Architecture from the Polytechnic University of Madrid with the thesis entitled "A slight archeology of scale" directed by Antonio Miranda Regojo and Ángel Borrego Cubero . [ 1 ]
As an architect, he has received more than one hundred and fifty national and international awards, such as the National Prize for Restoration and Conservation of Cultural Assets for the Molinete Archaeological Park, in Cartagena , as well as the Best Block of Protected Housing by the Government of Madrid, Best Proposal Architectural by the Government of Murcia, First Prize Biennial of Zaragoza and National Prize for Vanguard Housing. [ 2 ]
His most recent exhibitions have been held at the Architectural Association in London , at the NAi in Rotterdam , at the IIT Chicago , Arizona CAPLAN, at the Venice Biennale , at the Instituto Cervantes in Rio de Janeiro , at the AEDES Gallery in Berlin , at the RIBA in London , and in many colleges of architects and halls of architecture in Spain . In addition, his work has been featured in more than three hundred books and magazines around the world.
Andrés Cánovas Alcaraz has been director of Collections such as "Monographs of Architects", "Monographs of Buildings" or "Critique of Architecture", as well as director and editor of the magazine Arquitectos between 1987 and 2006 . [ 3 ]
As a professor, he has taught at the Higher Center for Fashion Design of the Polytechnic University of Madrid , the Faculty of Fine Arts of the Complutense University of Madrid , as well as at the European Institute of Design . Coordinator of different postgraduate courses in Editorial Graphic Design at the Faculty of Fine Arts, at the European Institute of Design and for the European Social Fund . Coordinator of the Master of Museology of the Faculty of Fine Arts of the Complutense University of Madrid . Professor of the Master of Aesthetics and Theory of Arts at the Autonomous University of Madrid. Professor of the Master of Design at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Salamanca . Professor of the Master of Intervention in Heritage of the ETSAM . Professor of the Master of Tourism of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia of Barcelona . Professor of the University Master's Degree in Architectural Communication at the Polytechnic University of Madrid .
Currently, he is a professor of Projects at ETSAM , within the Carmen Espegel Teaching Unit , as well as academic coordinator of the MCH (Master in collective housing) at ETSAM and Director of the Department of Architectural Projects at ETSAM .
Most representative works
- 2011 . Cover for archaeological remains in El Molinete , Cartagena .
- 2010 . Museum in Monteagudo, Murcia . [ 5 ]
- 2010 . 118 officially protected homes in Coslada , Madrid .
- 2010 . Urbanization of the square of the Seafarers Instruction Center, Cartagena .
- 2009 . El Molinete fence, Cartagena .
- 2008 . Landscape restoration of the El Hornillo pier, Águilas.
- 2007 . 152 homes in Mieres , Asturias .
- 2007 . Block of 72 private homes in Cartagena , Murcia .
- 2007 . Cartagena Health Center , Murcia .
- 2007 . 82 social housing units in Carabanchel , Madrid .
- 2006 . Museum of the Arab Wall of Santa Eulalia, Murcia .
- 2006 . 61 officially protected homes in Coslada , Madrid .
- 2006 . Conditioned space in the Cartagena Amphitheater , Murcia .
- 2005 . Panoramic elevator and Museum of the Civil War in Cartagena , Murcia .
- 2003 . Building of 16 houses in Lorquí , Murcia .
- 2002 . Residential building on Calle Hilarión Eslava, Madrid .
- 2000 . Printing for Graphic Arts Palermo in Rivas-Vaciamadrid , Madrid .
- 1997 . 10-apartment building in Aravaca , Madrid .
Most relevant awards
- 2012 . Conservation of Cultural Property and National Restoration Award from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport by the Archaeological Park of the windlass, in Cartagena [ 2 ]
- 2012 . Nominated for the Mies Van der Rohe Award for Cover on the Windlass.
- 2012 . Selected by Spain for the Ibero-American Biennial for Housing in Carabanchel .
- 2011 . Murcia Architecture Prize for the Monteagudo Museum.
- 2010 . COAM Distinction for the Apartment Building in Carabanchel.
- 2009 . Murcia Architecture Award for the Health Center in Cartagena .
- 2005 . First Regional EA Award for the Cartagena elevator building .
- 2005 . First Regional EA Award for the residential building in Lorquí , Murcia .
- 2005 . First Prize for Architecture of the Community of Madrid for the Residential Building in Madrid .
- 2005 . COAM distinction for the residential building in Madrid .
- 2005 . COAM Distinction for the Book "Criticism".
- 2004 . First Prize for Architecture of the Community of Madrid for Graphic Arts Palermo.
- 2004 . First European Umicor Prize for the residential building in Madrid .
- 2002 . COAM Award for the dissemination of Architecture "Santiago Amón".
- 2001 . First Prize for Urban Planning of the Community of Murcia by the PERI del Molinete.
- 2001 . First Prize for Architecture and Public Works of the Madrid City Council for the book Oíza- BBV.
- 1999 . First Prize for Architecture of the Community of Madrid 10 VPT in Aravaca .
- 1994 . COAM Award for the Design of the exhibition "Virtual Reality".
- Andrés Cánovas Alcaraz. The Ara Pacis and the cr # 1 dimensional ambiguity. Roman Notebooks Collection. Uneven Ediciones (ISBN: 978-84-946300-0-2) [ 6 ]
- Andrés Cánovas Alcaraz. Banco de Bilbao, Saénz de Oiza Polytechnic University of Madrid. Higher Technical School of Architecture. Architectural Projects Department. Madrid, 2000. ( ISBN 84-922352-8-4 )
- Andres, Canovas Alcaraz, (2015). "A slight Archeology of scale" . oa.upm.es . Retrieved July 8, 2018 .
- Country, El (November 30, 2012). "National Prize for Restoration and Conservation for the project of the Foro Romano del Molinete neighborhood (Cartagena)" . THE COUNTRY . Retrieved November 22, 2017 .
- "Andrés Cánovas" . www.mchmaster.com . Retrieved July 30, 2018 .
- "Becoming" . becoming.com . Retrieved July 30, 2018 .
- «A parasite that mimics ACM Arquitectura» . Architecture . May 12, 2016 . Retrieved November 22, 2017 .
- "The Ara Pacis and dimensional ambiguity cr # 1 - Andrés Cánovas" . edicionesasimetricas.com . Retrieved July 8, 2018 .