Andres Coello - Andrés Coello
Born in Madrid in 1805, [ 2 ] he was in charge of various projects for penitentiary buildings in Asturias, [ 3 ] where he was a provincial architect, [ 2 ] among them that of the Town Hall and Llanes party prison , [ 3 ] In addition to the Cangas del Narcea court building , which would be completed by Javier Aguirre Iturralde , [ 4 ] or the Gijón town hall, although this project would be modified by subsequent revisions by Luis Céspedes and Lucas María Palacios. [ 5 ] He died in his hometown in 1880. [ 2 ]
Coello was of the opinion, referring to the Higher School of Architecture of Madrid, that «in this Higher School, as in all of its class, that spirit of pedantry that forms the essence of our plan predominates and is reflected of public instruction and by its consequence the Regulation of studies is overloaded with a portion of useless subjects ». [ 6 ]
- Blanco González, 2013, p. 59.
- Alonso Pereira, 1985, pp. 57-59.
- «Resolution of January 23, 2014, of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, by which a file is initiated for the inclusion in the Inventory of the Cultural Heritage of Asturias of the drawings and graffiti existing in the cells of the courts of Cangas del Narcea » . Official Gazette of the Principality of Asturias (31). February 7, 2014. ISSN 1579-7252 .
- Álvarez Zapatero, 1990 , pp. 113-114.
- Blanco González, 2013, p. 25.
- Alonso Pereira, José Ramón (1985). "Penitentiary architecture in Asturias: from party prisons to the panopticon of Oviedo ." Academic Bulletin (Higher Technical School of Architecture of A Coruña) (2): 56-61. ISSN 0213-3474 .
- Álvarez Zapatero , JI (1990). «The new Town Hall of Gijón» . Liño Annual Journal of Art History (Oviedo: University of Oviedo ) (9): 109-128. ISSN 0211-2574 .
- Blanco González, Héctor. Architecture without architects in Asturias. Masters of works and other authors (1800-1935) . Oviedo: Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports. Government of the Principality of Asturias. ISBN 978-84-941223-8-5 .