Andrés Couve - Andrés Couve
|Andrés Couve Correa|
Official portrait of Cabbage, 2018 .
| Minister of Science, Technology, Knowledge and Innovation of Chile |
Currently in office
|From December 17, 2018|
|President||Sebastian Piñera Echenique|
|Predecessor||Creation of the position|
October 23, 1968 (age 52) |
Santiago , Chile
|Home||Vitacura , Chile|
Andrés Ignacio Couve Rioseco |
Inés Noemí Correa Devés
|Educated in||Pontifical Catholic University of Chile|
|Postgraduate||Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai|
|Occupation||Biologist and politician|
|Employer||University of Chile|
In December 2018, he was appointed Minister of Science, Technology, Knowledge and Innovation , the first to hold the position after the creation of said body. [ 3 ]
He studied Biological Sciences at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile , [ 4 ] graduating in 1991 . He received a doctorate in Cell Biology from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York , United States in 1997 , and later did a post-doctorate at University College London , United Kingdom . [ 5 ]
On the other hand, Dr. Couve participated in the Biomedical Neuroscience Institute (BNI) [ 7 ] of the Millennium Science Initiative as one of its principal investigators and was director of the Institute between 2011 and 2018 . In 2015 he was a member of the Presidential Commission "Science for the Development of Chile". Between 2015 and 2016 , Couve was president of the Chilean Society of Cell Biology [ 8 ] and a member of the Puerto de Ideas Foundation between 2016 and 2018 .
Couve's area of research is the relationship between neuronal structure and function . In particular, his work focused on the synthesis and trafficking of membrane proteins from the endoplasmic reticulum to the dendritic and axonal membrane; He has also investigated neurogenesis and aging of hippocampal neurons and the relationship of the hippocampal Klotho protein with cognitive abilities in mammals. [ 7 ]
Since 2013, he has developed research on the availability of voltage - gated sodium and potassium channels and other axonal proteins and their relationship with neuronal activity. As a co-investigator, he is also involved in research on neurodegenerative diseases . [ 6 ]
He worked on the integration of neuroscience with engineering to develop applied neurosystems, on the formation of Latin American neuroscience networks , as well as on the function and communication of science inside and outside Chile . [ 9 ]
- Note: Part of the scientific articles published between 2010 to 2018 are mentioned; For the full list, see Dr. Couve's academic portfolio. [ 4 ]
- González, Carolina; Cornejo, Victor Hugo; Couve, Andrés (August 1, 2018). "Golgi bypass for local delivery of axonal proteins, fact or fiction?" . Current Opinion in Cell Biology (in English) 53 : 9-14. ISSN 0955-0674 . doi : 10.1016 / j.ceb.2018.03.010 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Luarte, Alejandro; Cornejo, Victor Hugo; Bertin, Francisca; Gallardo, Javiera; Couve, Andrés (2018). "The axonal endoplasmic reticulum: One organelle — many functions in development, maintenance, and plasticity" . Developmental Neurobiology (English) 78 (3): 181-208. ISSN 1932-846X . doi : 10.1002 / dneu.22560 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Hetz, Claudio; Gonzalez-Billault, Christian; Glavic, Álvaro; Concha, Miguel L .; Iwawaki, Takao; Akai, Ryoko; Chevet, Eric; Qi, Ling et al. (2018-08). "IRE1α governs cytoskeleton remodeling and cell migration through a direct interaction with filamin A" . Nature Cell Biology (in English) 20 (8): 942-953. ISSN 1476-4679 . doi : 10.1038 / s41556-018-0141-0 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Mardones, Muriel D .; Andaur, Gabriela A .; Varas-Godoy, Manuel; Henriquez, Jenny F .; Salech, Felipe; Behrens, María Isabel; Couve, Andrés ; Inestrosa, Nibaldo C. et al. (2016, March 15). "Frizzled-1 receptor regulates adult hippocampal neurogenesis" . Molecular Brain 9 (1): 29. ISSN 1756-6606 . PMC 4791773 . PMID 26980182 . doi : 10.1186 / s13041-016-0209-3 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Couve, Andrés ; Court, Felipe A .; Couve, Eduardo; Fresno, Javiera; Cánovas, José; González, Carolina (February 16, 2016). "Axons provide the secretory machinery for trafficking of voltage-gated sodium channels in peripheral nerve" . Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (English) 113 (7): 1823-1828. ISSN 1091-6490 . PMC 4763731 . PMID 26839409 . doi : 10.1073 / pnas.1514943113 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Quassollo, Gonzalo; Wojnacki, Jose; Salas, Daniela A .; Gastaldi, Laura; Marzolo, María Paz; Count, Cecilia; Bisbal, Mariano; Couve, Andrés et al. (2015-04). "A RhoA Signaling Pathway Regulates Dendritic Golgi Outpost Formation" . Current Biology 25 (8): 971-982. ISSN 0960-9822 . doi : 10.1016 / j.cub.2015.01.075 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Salech, F.; Varela-Nallar, L.; Arredondo, S.; Bustamante, D.; Ponce de la Vega, D.; Inestrosa, N.; Behrens, M.I.; Couve, A. (2015-10). «The role of klotho in the regulation of adult hippocampal neurogenesis». Journal of the Neurological Sciences 357: e248. ISSN 0022-510X. doi:10.1016/j.jns.2015.08.865. Consultado el 18 de diciembre de 2018.
- Loyola, Pablo; Martínez, Gustavo; Muñoz, Kristofher; Velazquez, Juan; Maldonado, Pedro; Couve, Andrés (November 30, 2015). "Combining eye tracking and pupillary dilation analysis to identify Website Key Objects" . Neurocomputing (English) 168 : 179-189. ISSN 0925-2312 . doi : 10.1016 / j.neucom.2015.05.108 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Couve, Andrés ; Blanpied, Thomas A .; Lu, Hsiangmin E .; Cornejo, Víctor H .; Ramírez, Omar A .; Salas, Daniela A .; Jaureguiberry-Bravo, Matías; Valenzuela, José I. (August 1, 2014). "Transport along the dendritic endoplasmic reticulum mediates the trafficking of GABAB receptors" . J Cell Sci (English) 127 (15): 3382-3395. ISSN 1477-9137 . PMC 4117232 . PMID 24895402 . doi : 10.1242 / jcs.151092 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Gónzalez, Carolina; Couve, Andrés (March 1, 2014). "The axonal endoplasmic reticulum and protein trafficking: Cellular bootlegging south of the soma" . Seminars in Cell & Developmental Biology (in English) 27 : 23-31. ISSN 1084-9521 . doi : 10.1016 / j.semcdb.2013.12.004 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Bronfman, Francisca C .; Couve, Andrés ; Kuruvilla, Rejji; Ascaño, Maria; Gonzalez, Andrés; Lazo, Oscar M. (April 3, 2013). "BDNF Regulates Rab11-Mediated Recycling Endosome Dynamics to Induce Dendritic Branching" . Journal of Neuroscience (English) 33 (14): 6112-6122. ISSN 1529-2401 . PMC 3684039 . PMID 23554492 . doi : 10.1523 / JNEUROSCI.4630-12.2013 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Ramírez, Omar A.; Couve, Andrés (2011-04). «The endoplasmic reticulum and protein trafficking in dendrites and axons». Trends in Cell Biology 21 (4): 219-227. ISSN 0962-8924. doi:10.1016/j.tcb.2010.12.003. Consultado el 18 de diciembre de 2018.
- «Academic Senate: Andrés Couve Correa» . PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile.
- Betancour, Felipe (December 17, 2018). «Who is Andrés Couve? The profile of the researcher who will lead the new Ministry of Science, Technology, Knowledge and Innovation » . Meter . Retrieved December 17, 2018 .
- Bastarrica, Diego (December 17, 2018). "Andrés Couve Correa is the Prime Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation of Chile" . FayerWayer . Retrieved December 17, 2018 .
- «Academic portfolio: Andres Oscar Couve Correa» . University of Chile . Retrieved December 17, 2018 .
- "Andrés Couve Correa is the Chilean Prime Minister of Science" . Cooperative. December 17, 2018 . Retrieved December 17, 2018 .
- "Portal of Researchers - Andrés Oscar Couve Correa" . investigators.conicyt.cl . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- "Millennium Institute of Biomedical Neuroscience, BNI - Andres Couve" . BNI . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- "Board: sbcch" . www.sbcch.cl . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .
- Bajak, Aleszu (November 16, 2015). "Chile's scientists take to the streets over funding" . Nature News (in English) . doi : 10.1038 / nature.2015.18800 . Retrieved December 18, 2018 .