|Andrés Cuevas González|
|Name in Spanish||Andres Cuevas|
|Birth|| December 8 , 1949 |
Marbella ( Spain )
|Death||Oct 19 , 2019 (69 years)|
|Political party|| |
|Member of||General Union of Workers|
Administrative officer by profession, Andrés Cuevas was secretary general of PASOC - Andalusia , a member party of Izquierda Unida-Los Verdes-Convocatoria por Andalucía (IULV-CA).
For some years he was a member of the Andalusian Executive of IULV-CA and of the Federal Council of IU . He is also a trustee and president of the Foundation for Socialist Studies (FUES) and a trustee of the Foundation for Progress of Andalusia .
He has been a councilor and first deputy mayor of Marbella , as well as a deputy to the Parliament of Andalusia for the province of Malaga ( 1986 - 2000 ) and a senator by regional appointment ( 1989 - 1994 ). [ 3 ] Likewise, he was spokesperson for the Congress - Senate Mixed Commission of the Ombudsman and Human Rights and, for four years, member of the RTVA Board of Directors .
In the VII Federal Congress of the Socialist Action Party ( Madrid , April 2001 ), where the recovery of the party's sovereignty was decided; He was as an accredited delegate, voting against the departure of Izquierda Unida, although due to discipline and abiding by the majority, he dropped out of IU.
He was elected federal president of PASOC - replacing Manuel Villar - in the party's VIII Federal Congress ( 2003 ). In the municipal elections of that same year, he was head of the list of the PASOC candidacy for the city council of his native city.
Since 2007 he re-affiliated as an independent in the ranks of IU, being a grassroots activist in the Local Assembly of Marbella. After his return to IU he was part of the group Recovering Socialism . [ 4 ] In the municipal elections of that year, the Marbella city council was present at the IU electoral board in a symbolic last position. [ 5 ]
After a long illness he died at the age of 69. [ 6 ]
- "Parliament of Andalusia - Andrés Cuevas González" . Parliament of Andalusia . Retrieved October 17, 2018 .
- "Andrés Cuevas González, former IU councilman in Marbella, dies . " The Opinion of Malaga . Retrieved October 20, 2019 .
- «Senator's file» . Senate of Spain . Retrieved October 17, 2018 .
- "Interview with Andrés Cuevas, President of the Socialist Action Party." . Recovering Socialism . January 4, 2013 . Retrieved October 19, 2019 .
- Flores , Rosario (May 14, 2007). "Andrés Cuevas:" Politics in capital letters must return to the city " . South newspaper . Retrieved October 17, 2018 .
- «The former Andalusian parliamentarian of IU Andrés Cuevas dies at the age of 69» . The Vanguard . October 19, 2019 . Retrieved October 19, 2019 .
| President of the Socialist Action Party |
2003 - 2019