Andres de Castillejos - Andrés de Castillejos
|Andres de Castillejos|
Main Altar of the Cathedral of La Asunción in Bujalance
vs. 1550 |
c. 1625 |
Province of Seville
|Occupation||Sculpture , Altarpieces , Imaginary|
|Employer|| Guillermo de Orta Ruiz de Tarifa Family |
|Notable works||The Nazarene of Cádiz|
The following works are attributed to him, among others:
- The altarpiece of the main chapel of the Cathedral of the Countryside of Bujalance (Córdoba), being in charge of the pictorial task Leonardo Enríquez de Navarra .
- In 1587 he made an altarpiece for the Church of San Andrés in Seville . The altarpiece paintings were made by Alonso Vázquez .
- In 1610, he worked on the altarpiece of the main altar of the Church of San Mateo de Tarifa (Cádiz) , whose paintings correspond to Juan Gómez .
- In the same year, 1611, he was commissioned to make an altarpiece for the Ruiz family's private chapel, which would be completed in 1612 by the assembler Antonio Sánchez.
- In 1996 an inscription was discovered in the image of the Nazarene of Cádiz , Perpetual Regidor of the City and popularly known as El Greñúo, which confirmed the authorship of this image to "Andres de C", most likely Andres de Castillejos.