Percivale in the mid- 1980s .
|Birth name||Andres Luis Percivale|
July 23, 1939 |
Buenos Aires , Argentina
|Death||May 26 , 2017 (77 years)|
|Cause of death||Lung cancer|
|Occupation|| TV presenter |
Andrés Luis Percivale ( Buenos Aires , 23 of July of 1939 [ 1 ] - . Ib , 26 of maypole of 2017 ) [ 2 ] was a television presenter, journalist and Argentine actor. He retired from show business to dedicate himself to teaching yoga for the last thirty years of his life.
His father was a rentier. [ 3 ] He had two sisters much older than him. [ 3 ] [ 4 ] His name mother- of Isola- [ 4 ] [ 1 ] opposed him to study, so, despite belonging to a family pudiente- started working since adolescence. [ 3 ] [ 5 ]He studied architecture but did not graduate. His university youth student friends in the Devoto neighborhood were: El Bebe Righi (later Minister of the Interior of Campora and mentor in Law to the current Argentine president Alberto Fernández) and Horacio de la Fuente, later a chamber judge of the labor jurisdiction and brother of the prestigious cardiologist Luis De la Fuente, among others.
In 1966 he was the first host of the television newscast Telenoche , together with the journalist Mónica Mihanovich (1934-). At the end of 1967 - at only 29 years of age - he traveled as a correspondent for the Vietnam War . [ 4 ] Upon his return, he covered the French May (May 1968) in Paris. [ 4 ] and in the last days of May 1969 he was the only journalist from Buenos Aires who covered the Cordobazo with Irineo Sergio Villarruel. [ 4 ]
During the 1970s he ventured as an actor in theater, television and as a singer recording an album of songs. Promoted by Eduardo Bergara Leumann in the famous La Botica del Ángel, he acted in Seventy sins seven with Mecha Ortiz , Malisa Zini and Cipe Lincovsky , [ 6 ] in "Different!", In the Astral, with Jorge Barreiro and other pieces by theater, his last theatrical appearance was at Multiteatro in 2012, directed by Santiago Doria, along with Pablo Alarcón and Thelma Biral .
Later he participated in secondary roles in several films - "An elephant color illusion" (1970), "Juan Manuel de Rosas" (1972), "Olga, the daughter of that Russian princess" (1977) with Libertad Leblanc , "Así es la life "(1977) and" The mother of the bride "(1978) with Libertad Lamarque . In 1974 he directed "Greta Garbo, who would say, is fine and lives in Barracas" by Fernando Melo with Miguel Ángel Solá and Osvaldo Tesser.
As a journalist, he returned to television with "Mónica y Andrés" (1980), "Los cuadros de Andrés" (1982), "At 7 in the afternoon" (1989-1990), "Graciela y Andrés" (1991, together with Graciela Alfano ), "Loft" (1993), "Back to live" (1993), "Teleganas" (1997) and " I love TV " (1998-2000). [ 8 ] [ 9 ] In 1984 he opened an advertising agency, El-Producciones SA [ 10 ]
In 1982 he met the yoga teacher Indra Devi who interested him in oriental disciplines. [ 11 ] Since the mid-eighties [ 12 ] he was a yoga teacher . [ 4 ] activity to which he dedicated himself fully in the last three decades of his life. He published four books on that discipline.
Yoga is the most effective way to listen to what the body says.Andres Percivale [ 12 ]
Due to his addiction to cigarettes, since the 1990s he suffered from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). [ 13 ] In September 2010 [ 14 ] lung cancer was detected , which remitted thanks to chemotherapy . [ 5 ] He died of this condition on May 26, 2017.
- 1966: Telenoche. Channel 13.
- 1973: Mattinne Canal 11.
- 1980: Monica and Andrés . Channel 9
- 1982: The portraits of Andrés . Channel 13
- 1989-1990: At seven in the afternoon
- 1991-92: Graciela & Andrés . ATC
- 1993: Loft
- 1993-1994: Live again
- 1994: Telephoto
- 1997: Teleganas ATC
- 1998-2000: I love TV . ATC / America TV
- 2012: 1002 moments on TV ( TV series, video archive). Return.
- 1970: An illusion colored elephant
- 1972: Juan Manuel de Rosas
- 1972: Olga, the daughter of that Russian princess
- 1977: This is life
- 1978: Mother of the Bride
- 1969: "Traveling in a balloon" (Simple) - RCA
He received several Martín Fierro awards
- 1970: Driving
- 1970: Hosting in a newspaper program
- 1972: Driving
- 1973: Driving, together with Héctor Larrea and Juan Carlos Pinocho Mareco
- 1975: Driving
- Contemporary Yoga Manual
- Retrieve paradise (the body is the piano and the sound is the spirit)
- The yoga of the four seasons (yoga calendar)
- Who is happy is right .
- File of Percivale Andrés Luis in the Argentine electoral roll, published on the website Search Data.
- The renowned journalist and conductor Andrés Percivale died. Los Andes newspaper, 05-26-2017
- «Andrés Percivale:" My mother never loved me "» Archived December 9, 2014 at the Wayback Machine , interview by journalist Chiche Gelblung. He claims that he had two very old sisters, now deceased, the youngest of whom was fifteen years older than him (so he would have been born in approximately 1924)
- «Andrés Percivale:“ Dying is like turning off the light and closing the door ”» Archived 10 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine , undated article (possibly 2007) on the website of the Paparazzi magazine (Buenos Aires). He claims he was an only child.
- Ventura, Any (2012): "Andrés Perciavale: spiritual world" , article of February 5, 2012 in the newspaper La Nación (Buenos Aires). Shows a photograph of Andrés Percivale. Mentions the character with the surname Perciavale (possibly due to confusion with the actor Carlos Perciavalle ).
- Andrés Percivale's file on the National Cinema website. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- «AL1P Producciones Sociedad Anónima» , chapter in the Official Gazette of the Argentine Republic of February 14, 1985.
- "Andrés Percivale: contemporary yoga of the four seasons" , official website of Percivale.
- «Andrés Percivale:“ I have cancer ”» , article dated July 5, 2011 on the Estación Plus website.
- «Andrés Percivale:“ I have cancer ”» Archived on November 15, 2018 at the Wayback Machine , article from July 4, 2011 on the website El Diario Online (Corrientes).