Andrea Costas - Andrea Costas
Andrea Costas Lago ( Vigo , Pontevedra , Spain , March 21 , 1978 ) is a Galician visual artist and photographer. His work encompasses disciplines such as video creation , installation , performance and photography . His narrative usually deals with topics as common as they are universal from an intimate, emotional and psychological perspective.
Graduated in Fine Arts from the University of Vigo , she began her artistic career participating, since 2000, in various group exhibitions as well as holding her first individual exhibitions with which she would obtain critical recognition, forming part of the new generation of artists. Galicians such as Vicente Blanco , Álvaro Negro, Rubén Ramos, Patricia Dopico, Félix Fernández or Suso Fandiño . [ 1 ] In 2002, after passing through Barcelona and London completing his artistic training, he published the book Formas de Ser [ 2 ] with theCenter for Photographic Studies, a compilation of three photographic series resulting from two years of experimentation, Time to Time , Incorporated and Composures , [ 3 ] being considered one of his most representative works and which meant his definitive consolidation within the artistic panorama Galician. [ 4 ] [ 5 ] In 2006 he published his second book, Persoal and Transferíbel , [ 6 ] [ 7 ]A photographic project that was exhibited in parallel at the Torrente Ballester Foundation in Santiago de Compostela .
In later years he focused part of his work on performance , forming part of the 3Marías artistic collective and the Aqui? Agora ?, culminating in 2012 with the performance of O medo , in the Cidade da Cultura de Galicia with the musician Nacho Muñoz and the poet Daniel Landesa.
Published in 2011, by the writer Yolanda Brown , the book cooking ao pé da letter , [ 8 ] [ 9 ] an award - winning work with the international prize Gourmand World Cookbook [ 10 ] representing Spain in the category of Photography.
- Ways of being . Photographic Studies Center. 2002.
- Personal and transferable . Center for Photographic Studies. 2006.
- Cooking to the letter . Editorial Galaxia. 2011.
Exhibitions (representative selection)
- The landscape and its footprint (Casa do Cabido, Santiago de Compostela, 2019)
- Beyond genders. Feminist artistic practices in Galicia . (Museum of Contemporary Art of Vigo, 2017)
- Relief (Alterarte, Ourense, 2011)
- Creative maps. New names in Galician art (Origins Gallery, Havana, 2008)
- Margins and maps. The creation of gender in Galicia (Auditorio de Galicia, Compostela, 2008)
- Young photographic creation in Galicia (Toulousse, 2007)
- The fragility of the gaze . (Palace of Congresses and Exhibitions, Pontevedra, 2006)
- Good pieces . (Room X, Pontevedra, 2006)
- Waiting 1000 words . (Galician House of Culture, Vigo, 2006)
- The Photographic Fact . (Museum of Contemporary Art of Vigo, 2004)
- Greater Images (Itinerant, 2002)
- Identities . (Museo de Pobo Galego, Santiago de Compostela, 2001)
- New values . (Museum of Pontevedra, 2001)
- Stays (COAG, Vigo, 2001)
- Women Artists (Main Theater, Pontevedra, 2000)
- «Looks IV | www.dardo.gal » . www.dardo.gal . Retrieved October 29, 2019 .
- «COSTAS, ANDREA. Ways of being » . cefvigo (in gl-ES) . February 8, 2015 . Retrieved October 29, 2019 .
- “Ways of being. Andrea Costas | Laxeiro Foundation » . Accessed October 29, 2019 .
- "Vieiros: Galicia Today - New voices in the field of the arts" . www.vieiros.com . Accessed October 29, 2019 .
- “Catch the messenger by Jose Lens || culturagalega.org | The portal of Galician culture » . culturagalega.gal . Accessed October 30, 2019 .
- «The most intimate photograph» . www.elcorreogallego.es . Retrieved October 29, 2019 .
- "Andrea Costas' exhibition 'Personal and non-transferable' closes today at the Fundación Torrente Ballester" . www.europapress.es . April 15, 2006 . Accessed October 29, 2019 .
- “Cooking to the letter” . Editorial Galaxia (in gl-ES) . Accessed October 30, 2019 .
- «Round table :: Cooking to the letter, with Yolanda Castaño and Andrea Costas :: Cervantes Institute of Dublin» . dublin.cervantes.es . Retrieved October 29, 2019 .
- "COOKBOOKS" . www.cookbookfair.com . Retrieved October 29, 2019 .
- «BEYOND GENDERS. Feminist artistic practices in Galicia | FRAME » . www.marcovigo.com . Retrieved October 29, 2019 .
- «La Casa do Cabido exhibits four photographic stories with the essence of the Camino» . The Voice of Galicia . October 10, 2019 . Retrieved October 29, 2019 .