After graduating from the Polytechnic High School , Andrea Dombois completed an apprenticeship as a business clerk. She then worked from 1978 to 1982 as a waitress in a vacation home of the CDU of the GDR and then until 1984 as a technical assistant in the CDU city association of Dresden . From 1984 to 1986 she worked as an instructor at the CDU Dresden-Land and from 1986 to 1990 as the district manager of the CDU in the old district of Dippoldiswalde.
From 1991 to 1998 Andrea Dombois worked as a trader. From 1993 she was on the advisory board of Form Tec GmbH in Schmiedeberg .
Dombois lives in Dippoldiswalde, is Evangelical Lutheran , married and has one child.
In 1979 Dombois joined the GDR CDU . Within her party, she was district chairman from 1996 to 1999 and deputy district chairwoman of the Weißeritz district from 1999 to 2007 . From 1995 to 2005 she was a member of the state executive committee of the CDU Saxony . From 2007 to 2019 she was deputy district chairwoman of the CDU Saxon Switzerland-Eastern Ore Mountains .
In terms of local politics , she was a councilor in the Malter municipality from 1999 to 2002 and a councilor in the city of Dippoldiswalde from 2002 to 2004. She has been a member of the Saxon Switzerland-East Ore Mountains District Council since 2019.
In October 1990 Dombois was elected to the Saxon state parliament via constituency 50 ( Dippoldiswalde - Freital II ) with 58.2% of the votes.  In the second term, they represented the constituency 48 ( Weißeritzkreis ). In the first electoral term of the state parliament she was in the special committee to investigate abuse of office and power as a result of the SED rule and in the committee for social affairs, health, family and women.  In the second term Dombois in 1994 was chosen as Vice-President of the Diet.  She also held the position of deputy chairwoman of the European Committee. 
From 2004 to 2009 she worked in the inquiry commission of the Landtag demographic development and its effects on the areas of life of the people in the Free State of Saxony as well as their consequences on the political fields of action .
Dombois was a member of the Emergency Parliament, the Committee on Constitutional Affairs, Law and Europe and a deputy member of the Rules of Procedure and Immunity Committee and the 1st Committee of Inquiry. As Vice President, she is a member of the Presidium of the State Parliament.
In the 6th electoral term (2014-2019) she was a deputy member of the Europe and Petitions Committee and, since 2018, a member of the working group and committee on constitution and law.
In the state elections in Saxony in 2019 , she was again elected constituency member in the Saxon Switzerland-Eastern Ore Mountains 2 constituency with 34.0 percent of the direct votes. 
She competed within the faction against Matthias Rößler in the nomination for President of the State Parliament, but was defeated. On October 1, 2019, she was re-elected 1st Vice President in the first ballot at the constituent session of the Saxon State Parliament. 
In the current 7th legislative period, she is a member of the CDU working group Constitution and Law, Democracy, Europe and Equality and a member of the committee of the same name. She is also a member of the Committee on Rules of Procedure and Immunity Matters.
In addition to her partisan work, she has been the president of the European Movement Saxony eV since 2006; since 2017 she has been vice-president of the Partnership of Parliaments eV; In 2018 she was elected chairman of the state association of Saxony in the Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge eV and has been a member of the presidium of the European Movement in Germany since 2019
She is also a board member of the Diakonisches Werk Dippoldiswalde eV; Member of the Parliamentary Forum for Central and Eastern Europe eV and member of the prison advisory board of the Regis-Breitingen juvenile penal institution.
She performs the functions mentioned on a voluntary basis.
A special concern of her is the support of sport in the region. In 2016 she took over the patronage of the "Bobsleigh Alliance" Team Nico Walther and wants to win supporters for the bobsleigh team.
- Klaus-Jürgen Holzapfel (Ed.): Saxon State Parliament: 2nd electoral period, 1994–1999; People's Handbook . NDV Neue Darmstädter Verlagsanstalt , Rheinbreitbach 1995, ISBN 3-87576-335-1 , p. 32. (as of December 1994)
- Klaus-Jürgen Holzapfel (Ed.): Saxon State Parliament: 1st electoral period, 1990–1994; People's Handbook . NDV Neue Darmstädter Verlagsanstalt , Rheinbreitbach 1991, ISBN 3-87576-265-7 , p. 37. (As of May 1991)
- Klaus-Jürgen Holzapfel (Ed.): Saxon State Parliament: 1st electoral period, 1990–1994; People's Handbook . NDV Neue Darmstädter Verlagsanstalt , Rheinbreitbach 1991, ISBN 3-87576-265-7 , pp. 82, 92. (As of May 1991)
- Klaus-Jürgen Holzapfel (Ed.): Saxon State Parliament: 2nd electoral period, 1994–1999; People's Handbook . NDV Neue Darmstädter Verlagsanstalt , Rheinbreitbach 1995, ISBN 3-87576-335-1 , p. 60. (As of December 1994)
- Klaus-Jürgen Holzapfel (Ed.): Saxon State Parliament: 2nd electoral period, 1994–1999; People's Handbook . NDV Neue Darmstädter Verlagsanstalt , Rheinbreitbach 1995, ISBN 3-87576-335-1 , p. 76. (As of December 1994)
- State election Saxony 2019 results constituency Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge 2 , accessed September 5, 2019
- Saxony TV: Landtag has been constituted , accessed on October 1, 2019
- Short biography. Saxon State Parliament.
- Own website
- Website at the CDU parliamentary group in the Saxon state parliament
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), MdL, Vice-President of the Saxon State Parliament|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4. August 1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|