Andrea Gmür-Schönenberger - Andrea Gmür-Schönenberger
Gmür-Schönenberger completed the Matura type B in 1983 at the canton school in Wattwil and then studied English and Romance languages at the University of Friborg . In 1989 she graduated with the title lic.phil.I from. From 1991 to 2007 she worked as a teacher for English and French at various high schools. She has been managing director of the Josi J. Meier Foundation in Lucerne since 2007 and is also a member of the University Council of the University of Lucerne .
Gmür-Schönenberger lives in Lucerne , is married to Philipp Gmür , the managing director of the Helvetia insurance group  , and the mother of four adult children.  She is the daughter of Jakob Schönenberger , who was St. Gallen Councilor for the CVP from 1979 to 1991 .   Felix Gmür , the Bishop of Basel, is her brother-in-law. 
From 2007 to 2015 Gmür-Schönenberger was a member of the Lucerne Cantonal Council. She was Deputy Group Leader (2009-2015) and President of the State Political Commission of the Cantonal Council. In the parliamentary elections on October 18, 2015 , she was elected to the National Council with a difference of 138 votes .   From 2014 to 2019 she was President of the CVP City of Lucerne.
On January 29, 2019, she was nominated by the delegates of the CVP Canton of Lucerne as the official candidate for the seat of the Council of States of the resigning Konrad Graber .  In the elections on October 20, 2019, she was re-elected to the National Council and took second place behind the previous Damian Müller in the Council of States elections . On Thursday after the general renewal elections, she was quietly elected as the new Council of States of the Canton of Lucerne.  There she is a member of the Foreign Policy Commission SR, the Security Policy Commission SR and the Commission for Science, Education and Culture SR.
In January 2020 she became the parliamentary group president of the new central parliamentary group. CVP-EPP-BDP elected, she succeeded Filippo Lombardi , President of the CVP parliamentary group in the Federal Assembly . 
- Andrea Gmür-Schönenberger on the website of the Federal Assembly
- Website by Andrea Gmür-Schönenberger
- Andrea Gmür-Schönenberger at CVP Lucerne
- Vested interests of Andrea Gmür-Schönenberger
- Helvetia CEO: “Life insurance as the biggest driver”. Finanz und Wirtschaft , September 5, 2016, accessed June 28, 2017 .
- Andrea Gmür - biography. CVP Switzerland, accessed on June 28, 2017 .
- Gaby Ochsenbein, Lucerne: Andrea Gmür: centered between social and liberal . In: SWI swissinfo.ch . ( swissinfo.ch [accessed on August 3, 2018]).
- Biography of Jakob Schönenberger at the Swiss National Bank
- Erich Aschwanden: New in the National Council: The CVP as an affair of the heart. In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung. October 28, 2015, accessed February 11, 2016 .
- Results of the National Council elections in the Canton of Lucerne
- Tages-Anzeiger , January 17, 2020.
- Lucerne CVP relies on Andrea Gmür. In: bote.ch. January 29, 2019, accessed January 29, 2019 .
- Andrea Gmür accompanies Damian Müller to the Stöckli. In: SRF. October 24, 2019, accessed November 3, 2019 .
- Andrea Gmür becomes president of the new center parliamentary group , January 17, 2020.
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Gmür, Andrea (maiden name)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Swiss politician (CVP)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17th July 1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wattwil|