|Birth name||Andrea Cristina Goic Jerez|
|Birth|| 1959 |
|Education|| Pontifical Catholic University of Chile |
University of Chile
|Occupation||Visual artist and set designer|
|Years active||twentieth century|
|Notable works||Madame Bovary|
She studied a Bachelor of Philosophy at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Chile , while she was a student of Eugenio Dittborn between the late 1980s and the first half of the 1990s . [ 1 ] His work "aims at a reflection on time and history, conceived in visual terms with fragmented images, which stimulate the senses and evoke memories"; [ 1 ] In Andrea Goic's work, the video-art format predominates [ 4 ]Where he mixes "a vision of documentary cinema as fiction and the document as representation." [ 5 ] In some of her pieces it is possible to observe a certain gender perspective , an approach that has been shown in one of the two group exhibitions considered "fundamental in recent years" in Chile: [ 6 ] the exhibition On the other side ( 2006). [ 7 ]
He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions during his career, including the VII Biennial of Havana (2000), the Mercosur Biennial in Porto Alegre (1999), the X Biennial of video and media arts in Santiago (2012), [ 9 ] and samples from the other side at the Centro Cultural Palacio La Moneda (2006), [ 7 ] the earthquake in Chile (1808) at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Santiago (2009) [ 10 ] and Felisberto in the Contemporary Art Space (EAC) ofMontevideo (2012-2013), [ 11 ] among other exhibitions. [ 1 ] [ 12 ] [ 13 ] [ 14 ] also designed the sets for several plays , including All passengers must descend .
- Library of the National Museum of Fine Arts (ed.). "Andrea Goic (1959-)" . APCh, Chilean plastic artists . Retrieved June 24, 2013 .
- El Mercurio Online (November 8, 2006). "Chilean artists display their universe in the exhibition" Del Otro Lado " " . In emol.com, ed. Culture and Shows . The Mercury . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- MAC - Museum of Contemporary Art, ed. (2004). "Entremundos de Madame Bovary" . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- La Ferla, Jorge. «Visionaries south of the Southern Cone. On a selection of millennium videos from Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay » . In solari.de, ed. Visionaries. Audiovisual in Latin America . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Illanes, Carol (October 2012). Waiting to see the signs burn. Criticism, curatorship and women's art » . Art and Criticism . ISSN 0719-3270 . Retrieved July 3, 2013 .
- García G., Macarena. «Art and gender. From the exhibition On the Other Side at CCPLM: Other Women to La Moneda » . In El Mercurio, ed. Arts and Letters . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Altazor - National Arts Award (ed.). "Andrea Goic - Madame Bovary" . Visual Arts - Sculpture . Retrieved June 24, 2013 .
- 10 Biennial of video and media arts, ed. (2012). "Andrea Goic" . Exhibitions. Retrospective selection of outstanding artists . Archived from the original on March 5, 2016 . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Latercera.com (September 29, 2009). The Third , ed. "The Chilean earthquake exhibited at the MAC of Quinta Normal" . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Artishock (January 31, 2013). "Chilean artists present works inspired by Felisberto Hernández in Uruguay" . Artishock, Contemporary Art Magazine . Archived from the original on April 28, 2013 . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Rimsky, Cynthia (April 18, 2011). Letrasenlinea.cl, ed. "The delusion of the guillotine . " Department of Literature. Alberto Hurtado University . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Castillo R., Rodrigo (September 10, 2010). «Exhibition by Andrea Goic at the Chilean Book Fair of the Drugstore. Drunks and film actors mix in a video of a Chilean artist » . In Las Últimas Noticias , ed. Culture . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .
- Vignoli, Beatriz (August 26, 2008). «The city next to the immobile Paraná» . On Page 12 , ed. Culture and Shows . Retrieved July 6, 2013 .