Andrea Gorys - Andrea Gorys
Andrea Gorys studied classical archeology, ancient history, and prehistory and early history at the University of Göttingen and the University of Bonn . Since the beginning of her studies, she has participated in numerous archaeological excavations, for example in Sorgenti della Nova (PT) in Italy and in Miletus and Pergamon in Turkey. After completing her master's degree in Göttingen, she moved to the University of Munich . A postgraduate course in book studies was already taking place parallel to my job at Langenscheidt-Publisher and own publications. In 1997/1998 she made a year-round trip around the Mediterranean. Since then, Turkey and Israel in particular have been the focus of her activities. She has been working as a freelance writer in Berlin since 1996 . Andrea Gorys writes on topics from classical archeology, art history , numismatics and regional studies . She made drawings for volume 73 (Göttingen 2) of the Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum Germany . 
- Istanbul , DuMont, Cologne 1994 ISBN 3-7701-2775-7 (= DuMont travel paperbacks , volume 2081).
- several partly fundamentally revised editions and new editions, 4th edition 2014, ISBN 978-3-7701-7400-3 .
- Dictionary Archeology , dtv, Munich 1997 ISBN 3-423-32504-6 .
- Translations, licensed editions and digital editions at directmedia (2004).
- Jerusalem and surroundings , DuMont, Cologne 1999 ISBN 3-7701-4082-6 (= DuMont travel paperbacks , volume 2178).
with Erhard Gorys : Heiliges Land , DuMont, Ostfildern 2006 ISBN 3-7701-6608-6 (= DuMont art travel guide ).
- several partly fundamentally revised editions and new editions
- with Andreas Schikora and Bernhard Weisser : We are one people - common coin themes in divided Germany. An exhibition by the Berlin Münzkabinett and the Berlin Mint , self-published brochure by the Berlin Mint , Berlin 2010.
- Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum Germany Vol. 73: Göttingen Volume 2: Corinthian and Etruscan ceramics , edited by Martin Bentz and Christiane Dehl-von Kaenel , 2001 ISBN 3-406-47450-0
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German classical archaeologist, travel journalist and non-fiction author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||16. June 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Göttingen|