Andrea Hermenau - Andrea Hermenau
Hermenau, who graduated from high school in Tegernsee in 2000 , won the “Mix on the Road” composition competition organized by Keyboards magazine and was able to record her composition in Nashville . From 2001 to 2006 she studied jazz piano at the Richard Strauss Conservatory in Munich with Tizian Jost . During this time she played in the Bavarian Youth Jazz Orchestra and in the band Etna , with whom she recorded two albums. With her own trio, which included Benjamin Schäfer and Max Frankl , she won the state competition Jugend jazzt in 2004 and then took partFrankzone on. From 2008 to 2010 she studied composition with Thomas Zoller at the Carl Maria von Weber Academy of Music in Dresden . In 2010 her composition “Morgenlichter” for orchestra and jazz soloists premiered with the Dresden University Orchestra .
She accompanies Lisa Wahlandt in the formation Die Drei Damen  and belongs to the band Coisa Nostra . She also performed with Dusko Goykovich's big band , in Thomas Zoller's Zollsound , with Heinz von Hermann , Harald Rüschenbaum , Johannes Herrlich , Henning Sieverts , Paulo Cardoso , Jenny Evans and Thomas Stabenow . In the BR production Twelve Months she was involved as a pianist in the recording of compositions by Wolfgang Roth. In 2019 she co-directedCarolyn Breuer a quartet. She can also be heard on recordings by Fjoralba Turku , Jerker Kluges Deep Jazz and Charly Antolini with the Ladies of Jazz .
- Frankzone ( Mons Records 2005, with Johannes Enders , Max Frankl, Magnus Schriefl , Benjamin Schäfer, Peter Gall )
- Etna Waiting for the Sun (GLM 2009)
- Die Nachtpracht ( Unit Records 2013, with Till Martin, Peter Cudek , Tim Collins ) 
- Lisa Wahlandt / Andrea Hermenau / Christiane Öttl The Three Ladies ( Enja , 2014)
- Andrea Hermenau. Musical curriculum vitae. (PDF; 16 kB) In: coisa-nostra.de. October 17, 2008, accessed January 4, 2019 .
- Raimund Meisenberger: "The Three Ladies" - Miss miracles of Bavarian jazz. In: pnp.de. October 21, 2014, accessed January 4, 2019 .
- ROCKTIMES - CD review / Andrea Hermenau Quartet - Die Nachtpracht. In: rocktimes.de. December 6, 2013, accessed January 4, 2019 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German jazz musician (piano, also vocals, composition)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 31, 1981|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|