Andrea Marcelli - Andrea Marcelli
Live and act
Between 1982 and 1988 he worked as a drummer for the Rai . From 1989 to 1997 he lived in Los Angeles, then in New York. In 2001 he moved to Berlin . As a sideman he worked with Don Menza , Marc Johnson , Gary Thomas , Alan Pasqua , Jeff Andrews , Billy Drews , Steve Tavaglione , Airto Moreira , Alex Acuña , Cameron Brown , Steve La Spina , John Patitucci , Harvie Swartz , Eric Marienthal , Frank Gambale, Alphonso Johnson, John Beasley, Andy Summers, Harold Land, Rez Abbasi, Scott Lee, John Leftwich, Michael Manring, Wolfgang Lackerschmid, Jon Hassell und Sirone.
As a band leader, Marcelli released three albums as well as soundtrack albums with his own compositions. He produced Chema Vilchez 's debut album El sueno del navegante , which was named the best jazz album of the year by Spanish radio in 1996. He appeared as a drummer in the film Mississippi Masala . In Berlin he worked with Markus Stockhausen , Simon Stockhausen , Palle Danielsson , Thomas Clausen , Arild Andersen and Ekkehard Wölk and performed with the bands of Eberhard Weber , David Liebman , Hiram Bullock andJeff Berlin on.
- Silent Will with Wayne Shorter , Allan Holdsworth , Bob Berg , Mike Stern , Mitchel Forman , John Patitucci and Alex Acuña in 1990
- Oneness mit Ralph Towner, Allan Holdsworth, Mike Mainieri, Marc Johnson, Bendik, Kei Akagi, Gary Thomas, Jimmy Johnson, Gary Willis, Mitchel Forman, Chuck Loeb, Sidinho und Frank Colon, 1992
- Beyond the Blue mit Mitchel Forman, Eddie Gomez, Bob Mintzer und Mike Stern, 2004
- Sundance with Thomas Clausen and Davide Petrocca, 2008
- Stories with Frank Pilato, Mitchel Forman, Gary Willis and Jeff Berlin, 2015
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Italian jazz percussionist and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 22, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rom|