May 11, 1967 |
Buenos Aires |
November 10, 2001
|Educated in||Buenos Aires' University|
|Language of literary production||español|
He alternated the profession of writing with university teaching and Spanish classes for foreigners, both held at the University of Buenos Aires .
Despite his early passing at age 34, he managed to stand out among the writers of his generation. [ 1 ]
He studied Letters at the University of Buenos Aires .
He obtained the 1st Prize at the 1991 Biennial of Young Art (with the stories La difference and Clearly asleep).
He obtained the 1st mention of the Eva Perón Short Story Contest in 1994 (with the short story El polaquito).
In different issues of the cultural magazine V de Vian he published the stories "Clearly asleep", "Black wax", "The difference" and "El polaquito".
Between teaching and writing, in her last two years of life, she defined herself strongly as a writer, she had started giving workshops and most of the time she dedicated to writing and correcting.
Andrea Rabih had worked hard, during the course of the illness that caused her death, on two literary projects: Melanoma and Todos contentos. Melanoma was about a series of stories about life with cancer . Instead, Todos contentos was a nouvelle , with a reader and librarian protagonist. [ 5 ] Along with Black Cera, these unpublished works were published in 2013 in a single 350-page posthumous volume, Obra Completa. [ 6 ] The book was incorporated in 2014 to the German project called Argentine Women Writers developed by Johannes Gutenberg-Universitӓt Mainz. [ 7 ]
Andrea Rabih was a very good reader and as a teenager she experienced the desire to write. [ 1 ] He lived in the Palermo neighborhood of Buenos Aires . Among his friends were writers, with whom he worked several of his stories.
He had suffered from cancer when he was very young, which he had remitted. [ 8 ]
Finally a melanoma caused his death at the age of 34. By then she was married with a 2-year-old son. [ 1 ]
- Black wax (2000, Simurg)
- Complete Work (2013, Eduvim)
- María Teresa Andruetto (September 25, 2008). "The corridors of the body . " The voice of the interior (The voice of the interior) . Retrieved August 15, 2016 . "He published Black Wax (Simurg, 2000), which critics hailed as the birth of an exceptional storyteller."
- José Luis Cutello (March 17, 2914). «A literature of class» . The Mercantile Gazette . p. The Mercantile Gazette . Retrieved August 15, 2016 .
- Carlos Gamerro (September 10, 2015). "Seven authors in Spanish to add to the library" . Eñe Magazine (Clarín) . Retrieved August 15, 2016 . "Andrea Rabih is in my opinion one of the best Argentine writers, but against her deserved recognition her early death conspired, with most of her work unpublished."
- Pedro B. Rey (March 7, 2001). "Paradoxes and female epiphanies" . The Nation . The Nation . Retrieved August 15, 2016 .
- Nicolás Scheines (January 4, 2016). «NEGRA WAX (2000) in COMPLETE WORK (2013), Andrea Rabih» . http://ortografiaydemonios.com.ar/ . Retrieved August 15, 2016 .
- Carlos Gamerro (May 19, 2013). "From my sky . " Page 12 . Retrieved August 15, 2016 .
- «Book project" Argentinian women writers " » . http://www.fb06.uni-mainz.de/ . Consultado el 15 de agosto de 2016 .
- Sergio Olguín (May 19, 2013). "The stories and the children . " Page 12 . Retrieved August 15, 2016 .