Andrea Röpke - Andrea Röpke
Andrea Röpke has been publishing on neo-Nazism since the early 1990s and is best known for her insider reports. Her work, for example through free fellowships or Heimattreue German youth , have been, for example, in the TV magazines Panorama , fact or mirror TV and in national newspapers and magazines such as the mirror  , the Sueddeutsche Zeitung , the Focus or the Star published . Your reports are part of the offer of the Federal Agency for Civic Education. She also writes for the magazine Der Rechts Rand . Röpke is a member of the Association of Those Persecuted by the Nazi Regime - Association of Antifascists . 
On the occasion of a presentation of her documentary film Holidays in the Führerbunker , she presented studies on the upbringing of children by politically right-wing extremist parents.  After the Federal Minister of the Interior, Wolfgang Schäuble , disbanded the home-loyal German youth , Röpke warned against overestimating the effectiveness of the ban. 
As part of its research into the right scene Andrea Röpke was repeatedly assaulted,  so at a meeting of the home faithful German Youth in November 2006 in a supermarket of its chairman Sebastian Räbiger , who was sentenced for grievous bodily harm.  A profile was also published on right-wing extremist Internet portals. 
Affair about surveillance by the Lower Saxony constitution protection
On March 9, 2005, Röpke appeared at an event organized by Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen Bremen , where the film Neo-Nazi activities was shown in Bremen . A citizen filed a complaint against the journalist because she is said to have declared that she would "fight against fascism in all forms". The public prosecutor's office in Bremen then initiated proceedings on suspicion of “incitement to criminal acts”, which were discontinued a short time later. Since Röpke is domiciled in Lower Saxony, the Bremen State Office for the Protection of the Constitution forwarded a formal police report to the Lower Saxony Office for the Protection of the Constitution. The Lower Saxony constitution protection department then created a file on them. Lower Saxony's Interior Minister Boris Pistoriusspoke of unlawful surveillance.   At the request of Röpke, the Office for the Protection of the Constitution announced in 2012 that no data were stored about Röpke. In fact, the entries were deleted after the request. Röpke filed a criminal complaint on suspicion of the suppression of documents.  In 2014 she filed a lawsuit against the Lower Saxony constitutional protection agency at the Stade Administrative Court in order to force access to all of her files. 
Exclusion from reporting on the AfD state party conference
At the state party conference of the AfD Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania in February 2016, a party member requested the exclusion of Röpke and decided with a large majority. She was then banned from reporting on the gathering. Journalists' associations criticized the exclusion as an attack on the freedom of the press.  
- Brown fellowships. The new networks of the militant neo-Nazis. Berlin, Ch. Links Verlag 2004, ISBN 3-86153-316-2
- “We are conquering the cities from the country!” The main activities of the NPD and the comradeship scene in Lower Saxony. Braunschweig, Bildungsvereinigung Arbeit und Leben 2005, ISBN 3-932082-15-X
- "Savior of the White Race". Right-wing extremist women between street fighting and motherhood. Braunschweig, Educational Association Work and Life 2006, ISBN 3-932082-17-6
- Silent help for brown comrades. The secret network of old and neo-Nazis. Berlin, Ch. Links Verlag 2002, ISBN 3-86153-231-X / Berlin, Construction Taschenbuch Verlag 2006, ISBN 3-7466-7054-3
- Holidays in the Führerbunker. The neo-Nazi child rearing of the "Heimattreuen German Youth (HDJ)". Braunschweig, Educational Association Work and Life 2007, ISBN 978-3-932082-31-3
- with Andreas Speit : Neo-Nazis in pinstripes: The NPD on its way to the center of society . Ch. Links Verlag, Berlin 2008, ISBN 978-3-86153-467-9 .
- with Andreas Speit: girl thing! Women in the neo-Nazi scene. Berlin, Ch. Links Verlag 2011, ISBN 978-3-86153-615-4
- “Braune Kameradin - Women in the Neo-Nazi Scene” , documentary on DVD, Braunschweig, Bildungsvereinigung Arbeit und Leben 2011, ISBN 978-3-932082-45-0
- with Andreas Speit (Ed.): Blood and Honor. Past and present of right-wing violence in Germany , Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-86153-707-6
- Dangerously anchored - right-wing extremist grassroots work, strategies and new networks in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania , Schwerin, SPD state parliamentary group MV, ISBN 978-3-00-048292-2
- 2017 yearbook right-wing violence. Chronik des Hasses , Droemer Knaur , Munich 2017 ISBN 978-3-42678-904-9
- 2018 yearbook right-wing violence. Chronik des Hasses , Droemer Knaur, Munich 2018 ISBN 978-3-42678-913-1
- 2019 with Andreas Speit: Völkische Landnahme. Old clans, young settlers, right-wing ecos , Berlin, Ch. Links Verlag 2019, ISBN 978-3-86153-986-5
- Online publications of the Federal Agency for Civic Education
- In the middle of the public. Journalists as victims. Federal Agency for Civic Education, December 15, 2006
- Is it important for catching votes? Or just for washing clothes? Right women in the male world of the NPD. Federal Agency for Civic Education, October 11, 2007
- Brown parallel world. The ideological work of the HDJ. Federal Agency for Civic Education, June 17, 2008
- "In the underground, but not alone" . From politics and contemporary history (APuZ 18-19 / 2012), April 30, 2012
In 2005 she and René Schulthoff received the journalist award of the German National Committee for the Protection of Monuments for their buten-un- inside report “Memorial sites against their will” about the main camp near Sandbostel .
For 2006 she was named "Reporter of the Year" by Medium Magazin .
In October 2008 she received the Otto Brenner Prize in the Newcomer / Media Project category for her research on right-wing extremism . Your work, according to the jury's verdict, is "practiced protection of the constitution - journalistic emergency aid for democracy and fundamental rights".
On April 25, 2009, she received the “The Intrepid Word” award from the Federation of Luther Cities .  Also in 2009, Andrea Röpke received the Alternative Media Prize  and on March 11, 2009, as one of the finals of the Europe region, the International Women of Courage Award from the US State Department . 
In 2012 she was named Journalist of the Year 2011 in the specialist category Politics by the industry magazine Medium Magazin . In the laudation it says: Your tenacity and the courage to take personal risks for your research are a role model for all colleagues. 
The Central Council of Jews in Germany awarded her the Paul Spiegel Prize for civil courage in 2015 ,  in the same year she also received the Alfred Müller Felsenburg Prize for upright literature . 
- Short biography and reviews of works by Andrea Röpke at perlentaucher.de
- Literature by and about Andrea Röpke in the catalog of the German National Library
- Trailer for the film Brown Comrade - Women in the Neo-Nazi Scene on YouTube
- Andrea Röpke in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Maik Baumgärtner , Andrea Röpke: Childhood on the right edge. In: Spiegel Online , July 21, 2011, accessed July 21, 2011
- Call for anti-war day in Bremen 2001: Never again fascism - never again war! In: Der Bremer Antifaschist , No. 09, 2001, p. 7 .
- Joachim Gries: https://www.cellesche-zeitung.de/Celler-Land/Eschede/Neonazis-erziehen-ihre-Fuehrungskader In: Cellesche Zeitung , 23. September 2010
- Philipp Wittrock: Right-wing extremist child catchers are reorganizing. In: Spiegel Online , March 31, 2009
- Andrea Röpke: In the middle of the public . In: Federal Center for Political Education . December 15, 2006. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- Andreas Speit : Beatings in the supermarket . In: the daily newspaper . December 12, 2008. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- Holger Kulick: When editorial offices show their colors . In: Federal Center for Political Education . May 25, 2007. Retrieved December 18, 2010 .; Susanne Führer: Andrea Röpke: Right-wing extremism in West Germany is underestimated . In: Deutschlandradio Kultur . December 16, 2008. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- For example, in the first NSU committee of the Bundestag in the meeting on March 22, 2012, minutes of the NSU committee of inquiry in the Bundestag, Federal Agency for Civic Education , March 12, 2014.
- Teresa Havlicek & Andreas Speit : Monitored journalist defends herself: Secrecy sued . In: the daily newspaper . January 31, 2014
- Protection of the Constitution: Journalist insists on information . In: Der Spiegel . No. 7, 2014, S. 16 (online).
- Andreas Speit : Monitoring the journalist Röpke: lied to by the protection of the constitution . In: the daily newspaper . 19th September 2013
- Hope to inspect files: Journalist Röpke sued against the protection of the constitution . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung . January 30, 2014
- Journalist is thrown out of the AfD party conference . In: Welt Online . February 20, 2016 ( welt.de [accessed February 20, 2016]).
- Journalists Association: AfD violates freedom of the press . In: NDR.de . February 22, 2016 ( ndr.de [accessed February 22, 2016]).
- "Lighthouse for special journalistic achievements" 2007 for Andrea Röpke, Anton Maegerle and Thomas Kuban. In: Network Research .
- Andrea Röpke - the prize winner 2009. In: Stadt Worms . Retrieved November 19, 2008 .
- Malte Burdekat: Holiday in Hitler's bunker. ( Memento of October 4, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) In: Alternative Media Prize , May 2009 ( PDF ; 36 kB).
- Journalist Andrea Röpke honored by the US Embassy in Berlin as part of the “International Women of Courage Award” . In: germany.usembassy.gov . March 11, 2009. Archived from the original on May 27, 2010. Retrieved on December 18, 2010.
- The Journalists of the Year 2011. In: Medium Magazin . Retrieved January 31, 2012 .
- Central Council of Jews in Germany awards the 2015 Paul Spiegel Prize. April 21, 2015
- "Alfred Müller Felsenburg Prize for upright literature" goes to the journalist Andrea Röpke. In: Westphalia today. July 13, 2015, accessed July 20, 2018 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German political scientist and journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1965|