Andrea Tello - Andrea Tello
|Birth||Cuenca ( Ecuador )|
Andrea Tello ( Cuenca , Ecuador ) is an Ecuadorian jewelry artist. It is internationally recognized for his work in jewelry design, in addition to having obtained official recognition by the UNESCO in 2011. [ 1 ] [ 2 ]
He began to export his jewelry designs since 1999. [ 3 ] He started the work of his brand in 2003. Abroad he participated in a fair in Canton, China, and later in other fairs in Europe, Asia and America. [ 4 ] It has franchises in Colombia and Chile. [ 3 ] His designs focus on indigenous crafts, so he studies communities such as the Otavaleña, the Chola Cuenca and the Zuleta. He is also part of the Board of Artisans of Azuay. [ 5 ]
He studied a Bachelor of Arts, Marketing and Public Relations in the United States. [ 2 ]
In 2011 it obtained the recognition of UNESCO of the Recognition Program for Artisan Excellence. For this application, he presented an orchid made of silver in a comb, which is currently exhibited in the Louvre Museum in Paris . [ 6 ] With this, an international market was opened in countries such as Colombia, Japan, France, China, Israel, among others. [ 7 ] In 2013 she was appointed Ambassador for Art in Tokyo. [ 5 ]
- «VamosEl arte de Andrea Tello - Vamos» . vamos.com.ec . Retrieved December 21, 2019 .
- «Andrea Tello, the designer of" ancient jewelry "that captivates European queens and first ladies» . www.telam.com.ar . Retrieved December 21, 2019 .
- "Andrea Tello shines in the world with her jewels" . El Tiempo newspaper . November 6, 2014. Archived from the original on October 25, 2019 . Retrieved December 21, 2019 .
- «Andrea Tello's jewels are exhibited all over the world» . www.revistalideres.ec . Retrieved December 21, 2019 .
- "Untitled Document" . www.revistahogar.com . Retrieved December 21, 2019 .
- «Artists and artisans promote the UNESCO Recognition of Excellence for handicrafts at the Bazaar of Nations | United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization . www.unesco.org . Retrieved December 21, 2019 .
- "Unesco will present a contest for artisans from the Andean region in Cuenca . " The Trade . Retrieved December 21, 2019 .