Andrea Thiele (* 1972 in Möhnesee ) is a German historian . Thiele has been the research coordinator of the Interdisciplinary Center for Research on the European Enlightenment (IZEA) at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg in Halle (Saale) since 2017 .
Thiele began training as a carpenter in 1992 ; a job that she also practiced for a while. From 1997 she studied art history , philosophy and history at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg. In 2002 she was able to successfully complete her studies as a Magistra Artium . Her master's thesis on a reredos from the workshop of Lucas Cranach the Elder was awarded in 2007 with the title The reredos from the Cranach workshop by Kade bei Genthin. A donation from the court gift of Cardinal Albrecht von Brandenburg? as part of theWittenberg conference contributions on the occasion of the 450th anniversary of the death of Lucas Cranach the Elder in the writings of the Luther Memorials Foundation in Saxony-Anhalt Volume 7, published.
From 2003 to 2006, Thiele received a scholarship for the City History project in Halle 2006 at the University of Halle. In 2009 she received her doctorate at the Philosophical Faculty of the Martin Luther University with a dissertation on the city of Halle as the residence of the administrator August von Sachsen for Dr. phil. The publication was published in 2011 with the title Residenz auf Abruf? Court and city society in Halle (Saale) under the last administrator of the Archbishopric of Magdeburg, August von Sachsen (1614–1680) as the 16th volume of the monographic series Researches on the City of Hall History in the Mitteldeutscher Verlag .
From 2009 to 2011 she had a post-doctoral fellowship at the Interdisciplinary Center for Research on the European Enlightenment (IZEA) in Halle and at the Gotha Research Center at the University of Erfurt . In 2011 she became a research assistant at the IZEA in the project of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft Edition of all letters from and to Christian Thomasius and is now a research coordinator in the management of the IZEA. Thiele was a lecturer at the Institute for History at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg . Her main research areas include early education, the history of the courtyards in central Germany and the history of the city of Halle.
Andrea Thiele is the author and editor of numerous specialist publications and co-author of the yearbook for the history of the city of Halle . She is a board member of the Association for Halle City History, on whose behalf she has been coordinating and editing the city history page in Kulturfalter , and a member of the Gotha Research Center. In 2014 she was the curator of the exhibition In the Land of the Palm. August von Sachsen (1614–1680), Archbishop of Magdeburg and Prince of Halle and in 2017 the exhibition Paths to the Modern Castle. 1905: The Reinhold Steckner Foundation. in the Moritzburg in Halle .
- On the topography of Halle as a royal seat in the 17th century. Continuities and breaks around freedom and Fürstental. Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle 2004.
- Hall 806 to 1806. Salt, residence and university. An introduction to the city's history. with Werner Freitag , Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle 2006, ISBN 978-3-89812-160-6 .
- The reredos by Kade near Genthin from the Cranach workshop. A donation from the court gift of Cardinal Albrecht von Brandenburg? ( Master's thesis ), In: Writings of the Luther Memorials Foundation in Saxony-Anhalt. Volume 7, Evangelische Verlags-Anstalt, Leipzig 2007, ISBN 978-3-374-02434-6 .
- Four decades in Halle. The city on the Saale as the residence of August of Saxony, postulated administrator of the Archbishopric of Magdeburg (1614–1680). Imhof, Petersberg 2007, ISBN 978-3-86568-218-5 .
- The citizen and his city. Civic engagement between the Middle Ages and the Modern Age in Halle. as editor, Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle 2011, ISBN 978-3-89812-787-5 .
- Residence on call? Court and town society in Halle (Saale) under the last administrator of the Archbishopric of Magdeburg, August von Sachsen (1614–1680). ( Dissertation ), Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle 2011, ISBN 978-3-89812-735-6 .
- See Halle, how your prince loves you ... Halle, the residential city of August of Saxony and the residential districts of Moritzburg, Cathedral and New Residence. In: In the land of the palm. August of Saxony, Archbishop of Magdeburg and Prince in Halle (1614–1680). Moritzburg Foundation, Halle 2014, ISBN 978-3-86105-080-3 .
- The Prince as Military Entrepreneur? Why Smaller Saxon Territories Sent ‘Holländische Regimenter’ (Dutch Regiments) to the Dutch Republic, in: Jeff Fynn-Paul (Ed.): War, Entrepreneurs, and the State in Europe and the Mediterranean, 1300–1800, Leiden 2014 (History of Warfare, Vol. 97), S. 170–192.
- "[...] a traffic obstruction that cannot be denied". On the history of the construction and ownership of the property at Große Ulrichstraße 3, in: Caroline Schulz (ed.): Archeology finds the city. Hallesche Stadtgeschichte unter dem Pflaster , Halle 2015 (Research on Halle Stadtgeschichte, Vol. 22), pp. 130–154.
- Between court, university and city - Gottfried von Gedeler, Brandenburg engineer and the building industry in Halle around 1700, in: Yearbook for Halle City History 2015, pp. 130–159.
- Communal memory and praise of the rulers - monument practices and the use of signs in early modern Halle, in: Manfred Hettling (ed.): Political monuments in the city , Halle 2016 (research on the history of the city of Halle, 23), pp. 72–94.
- "since the book ... was walled in along with others". Book printing and book ownership in Halle at the beginning of the 16th century, in: Doreen Zerbe (Hg.): Wissensspeicher der Reformation. The Marienbibliothek and the library of the orphanage in Halle . Exhibition to mark the beginning of the Reformation anniversary in the Historical Orphanage from October 30, 2016 to March 26, 2017, Hall 2016 (Catalogs of the Francke Foundations, 34), pp. 74–83.
- Bankhaus Steckner and its Foundation for Art, pp. 11–18, in: Friends and supporters of the Moritzburg Art Museum Halle (Saale) eV and Moritzburg Art Museum Halle (Saale) (ed.): Paths to the Castle of Modernism. 1905: The Reinhold Steckner Foundation , catalog of the exhibition of the same name from November 12, 2017 to January 28, 2018, Halle 2017 (The donors and donors of the Moritzburg Art Museum Halle (Saale), vol. 1). - with Thomas Bauer-Friedrich and Susanna Köller: The importance of the Reinhold-Steckner-Foundation for the development of the collection of the art museum Moritzburg Halle (Saale), S. 19-28, Ibid.
- De vero Christianismo - The struggle for "true Christianity" and unity in faith in the Duchy of Saxony-Weissenfels, in: Dynasty storm. August the Strong versus Duke Christian , companion volume for the special exhibition Museum Weißenfels in Schloss Neu-Augustusburg, 29 September 2017 to 21 January 2018, Weißenfels , pp. 28–41.
- A spiritual principality under Lutheran administration. The Archbishopric of Magdeburg under Duke August of Saxony (1638–1680), in: Dietmar Schiersner / Hedwig Röckelein (ed.): Secular rule in spiritual hands. The Germania Sacra in the 17th and 18th Centuries , Berlin / Boston 2018 (Studies on Germania Sacra. New Series, 6), pp. 223–250.
- Law, Constitution and Religious Community - Communal Aspects of the City of Halle in the Middle Ages, in: Discover Halle! continue. New picture and reader on city history , ed. von der Stadt Halle (Saale) - The Lord Mayor, exhibition catalog, Halle 2018 (publications from the Stadtmuseum Halle, vol. 4), pp. 28–35.
- Halle an der Saale, in: Harm von Seggern (Hrsg.): Residenzstädte im Alten Reich (1300-1800). A manual . Dept. 1: Analytical Directory of Residence Cities, Part 1: Northeast, Ostfildern 2018 (Residence research. New series: City and Court, Residence Cities in the Old Kingdom (1300–1800). A manual, edited by Gerhard Fouquet, Olaf Mörke, Matthias Müller and Werner Paravicini), pp. 230-236.
Collaboration in the edition of the letters from and to Christian Thomasius:
- Frank Grunert / Matthias Hambrock / Martin Kühnel (eds.) With the assistance of Andrea Thiele: Christian Thomasius. Correspondence. 1679–1692 , Berlin / Boston 2017 (Christian Thomasius. Correspondence. Historical-critical edition, vol. 1).
- Matthias Hambrock / Martin Kühnel / Andrea Thiele: Supplementary volume: Personal Lexicon for Vol. 1 by: Christian Thomasius: Correspondence. Historical-critical edition , ed. by Frank Grunert, Matthias Hambrock u. Martin Kühnel, Halle 2018 (online publication)
- Homepage of Andrea Thiele MLU Halle-Wittenberg
- Works by and about Andrea Thiele in the German Digital Library
- Entry about Thiele, Andrea (1972-) in annual reports for German history
- Publications by Thiele, Andrea in the Opac der Regesta Imperii
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Möhnesee|