Andrea Tuana - Andrea Tuana
|Birth|| October 4 , 1969(51 years old) |
Montevideo ( Uruguay )
|Occupation||Social worker and human rights activist|
Andrea Tuana Nageli ( Montevideo , October 4, 1969) [ 1 ] is a Uruguayan feminist social worker , researcher and teacher . Director of the El Paso Civil Association and member of the Intersocial Feminista de Uruguay, she is a recognized activist against gender , domestic and sexual violence against children, adolescents and women. [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
Graduated in Social Work from the University of the Republic , she obtained a specialization diploma in "Gender, Development and Planning" dictated by the Interdisciplinary Center for Gender Studies of the Graduate School of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Chile . Likewise, she has a master's degree in Public Policy and Gender from FLACSO . [ 4 ]
Currently, Tuana is the Academic Coordinator of the Higher Diploma on Gender-Based Violence at FLACSO Uruguay. [ 5 ] In turn, she is a member of the Uruguayan Network against Domestic and Sexual Violence and of the Intersocial Feminist.
- Sexual exploitation of children and adolescents: manual on basic concepts and intervention tools (2019), co-authored with Fabiana Condon and Milka da Cunha.
- Sex trafficking in Uruguay: scope and limitations of assistance to victims (2018).
- Human rights and domestic violence: conceptual tools for teachers (2013), compilation and coordination.
- Campaign Never again by my side: campaign to report and prevent domestic violence (sd).
- Trafficking in women for the purpose of sexual exploitation in Mercosur: regional diagnosis (2012), co-authored with Diana González Perett, Laura Sardá, Liliana Ruso, Verónica Teresi, Lourdes Barboza and Cristina Prego.
- Gender, age, and sexual violence scenarios (2009), co-authored with Diana González Perett.
- Invisible and Silenced: Contributions and Reflections on Human Trafficking for Commercial Sexual Exploitation in Uruguay (2006), co-authored with Diana González Perett.
- Domestic violence and public policy advocacy (2005). [ 1 ]
- "Home" . National Library of Uruguay (in American English) . Retrieved April 24, 2020 .
- «Andrea Tuana:" There are some judges lacking training and sensitivity generating very harmful interventions " » . La República newspaper . September 17, 2019 . Retrieved April 24, 2020 .
- «Gurisas disappeared, poverty and trafficking networks» . left hemisphere . Retrieved April 27, 2020 .
- «Master in Gender and Equality Policies» . FLACSO . February 25, 2018 . Retrieved April 24, 2020 .
- Fontela, Lena (January 18, 2019). "The culture of rape by Mag. Andrea Tuana" . FLACSO . Retrieved April 24, 2020 .