In 1863 a committee of the magistrate and the scientific association decided to erect a bust in the large semi-stone portal opening above the outside staircase of the city theater. The solemn unveiling of the monument took place on July 6, 1864, 10 days before the 200th anniversary of the poet's death. 
The theater has been rebuilt since July 2017. The work should be completed in March 2019; Performances in the theater are planned from the end of 2019. The total cost is around 20 million zlotys . The outer facade of the theater is being reconstructed and the historical building fabric that has been preserved is integrated.   
- New Glogauer Anzeiger, number 10, October 2016
- The fighting through the siege ended on April 1, 1945 (see HB Hist. Stätten, Schlesien, p. 133); the fire in the theater in late winter 1945 cannot be related to this.
- Reconstruction of the theater . Accessed February 25, 2018 (Polish)
- Reconstruction of the theater (pictures) . Accessed October 15, 2018 (Polish)
- Pictures for the reconstruction of the theater (Polish)