Andreas Andresen - Andreas Andresen
Andresen was born in Loit, Schleswig-Holstein, in the fishing region and studied in Kiel , Berlin , Bonn and Munich . He volunteered in 1848 to take part in the Schleswig-Holstein uprising against Denmark . In 1857 he was appointed to the Germanic Museum in Nuremberg by Hans von und zu Aufseß , where he worked until 1862. Then he went to Leipzig to " Rudolph Weigel art and bookstore", where he was in charge ofNaumann's archive for the drawing arts  and the processing of Weigel's auction catalogs took over. After Weigel's death, he took over in October 1867, initially in charge of art and bookstore  and was on January 1, 1870 the owners. However, he died surprisingly of smallpox in 1871. He was married and had two children.   His collection of copper engravings was auctioned in December 1873 by the "Art Dealer CG Börner ". The “Rud. Weigel Kunsthandlung “was not continued.
- As an author
- Nicolaus Poussin. List of the copper engravings made at the same time and later based on his paintings etc. Verlag von Rudolph Weigel, Leipzig 1863.
- The German peintre engraver or the painter as copperplate engraver from the last third of the 16th century to the end of the 18th century; following Bartsch’s Peintre-Graveur,  to Robert-Dumesnil’s  and Prosper de Baudicour's French Peintre-Engrave  . 3 volumes, published by Rudolph Weigel, Leipzig 1864–1866, 5 volumes, Alexander Danz, Leipzig 1872–1878
- The German painter's erasers of the 19th century. According to their lives and works. 4 volumes, Rudolph Weigel, Leipzig 1866–70; Volume 5 continued by Joseph Eduard Wessely .
- as an editor
- Joseph Heller : Handbook for copper engravers or lexicon of engravers, painter-etchers and form-cutters of all countries and schools according to their most valued works. (Third edition), TO Weigel, Leipzig 1870 ( digitized version ).
- Andreas Andresen . In: CG Boerner (Ed.): Catalog of the Dr. Andreas Andresen's art collection ... Boerner, Leipzig 1873, p. III–IV (http: //vorlage_digitalisat.test/1%3D~GB%3DTe9eAAAAcAAJ~IA%3D~MDZ%3D%0A~SZ%3DPP7~ double-sided%3D~LT%3D~PUR%3D).
- Hans-Günther Andresen: Andresen, Andreas . in: Biographical Lexicon for Schleswig-Holstein and Lübeck . Volume 8. Wachholtz Verlag, Neumünster 1987, p. 19 ( digitized version ).
- CG Boerner (Ed.): Catalog names 1830 as the year of birth.
- Robert Naumann (Ed.), Rudolph Weigel: Archive for the drawing arts with special reference to the art of engraving and woodcutting and their history , 16 vols., Rudolph Weigel, Leipzig 1855-1870, .
- Börsenblatt für den Deutschen Buchhandel Leipzig, 34th vol., 2nd vol., P. 2931, http://vorlage_digitalisat.test/1%3D~GB%3D~IA%3D~MDZ%3D%0A10528285~SZ%3D1317~doppelseitig%3D~LT%3D~PUR%3D .
- Börsenblatt für den deutschen Buchhandel Leipzig, 37th vol., 1st vol., P. 462 (advertisement of the sale of the "Rud. Weigel Kunsthandlung" to Andresen), http://vorlage_digitalisat.test/1%3D~GB%3DSMREAAAAcAAJ~IA%3D~MDZ%3D%0A~SZ%3DPA462~doppelseitig%3D~LT%3D~PUR%3D
- E. Sieck, U. Brodersen: To the history of the village Loit . Ed .: Municipality of Loit. Printing and publishing house Husum, 1993.
- Berthold Hamer: Biographies of the fishing landscape . Husum Printing and Publishing Company, ISBN 978-3-89876-339-4 .
- Le peintre graveur , 21 volumes, Vienna, 1802–1821.
- The French Painter-Printmaker , 11 Bände, 1835–1871.
- The French painter-engraver continued , 2 Bände, Paris 1859–1861.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German art historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||14. November 1828|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Loit|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 1, 1871|
|Place of death||Leipzig|