Andreas Bartels - Andreas Bartels
Andreas Bartels (born December 14, 1953 in Bonn ) is a German philosopher and holder of the chair for natural and scientific philosophy at the University of Bonn . His main research interests are philosophy of the natural sciences , cognitive and neurophilosophy, philosophy of science and epistemology .
Bartels studied mathematics and physics in Giessen from 1973 to 1979 and completed his studies with a diploma in mathematics. From 1979 to 1984 he studied philosophy, also in Giessen. In 1984 he submitted his doctorate in philosophy on the subject of causality violations in general relativistic spacetime and completed his habilitation in 1992 with his thesis on meaning and the history of concepts. Generating scientific understanding.
Between 1993 and 1997, Bartels took on substitute professorships at the universities of Heidelberg, FU Berlin, Giessen, Jena, LMU Munich and Erfurt.
In 1997 he was appointed professor for philosophy of science and the philosophy of technology at the University of Paderborn , where he taught until 2000. Meanwhile he was also a member of the Heinz Nixdorf Institute .
Since 2000 he has been a full professor for philosophy, natural and scientific philosophy at the University of Bonn.
- Natural laws in a causal world , mentis, Münster 2015, ISBN 978-3-95743-025-0 .
- (Eds., With Albert Newen and Eva-Maria Jung): Knowledge and Representation , mentis and CSLI, Paderborn and Stanford 2011, ISBN 978-3-89785-749-0 .
- (Ed., With Manfred Stöckler): Theory of Science. A study book, mentis, Paderborn 2007, ISBN 978-3-89785-591-5 .
- Strukturale Repräsentation. of Paderborn 2005, ISBN 3-89785-191-1 .
- Basic problems of modern natural philosophy. Schöningh (UTB), Paderborn 1996, ISBN 3-89785-260-8 .
- Meaning and conceptual history. Generating scientific understanding. Schöningh, Paderborn 1994, ISBN 3-506-70582-2 .
- (Ed.): Philosophical Problems of Physics, Conceptus 57. (special issue), Vienna 1988, .
- Causality Violations in General Relativistic Spacetime. Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1986, ISBN 3-428-06016-4 .
- Literature by and about Andreas Bartels in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Andreas Bartels at the University of Bonn
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German philosopher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 14, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bonn|