After studying philosophy with Christian Wolff at the University of Marburg from 1737 to 1740 , he received his doctorate in philosophy in 1740. He initially held lectures as a private lecturer in Marburg . In 1744 he was appointed full professor for metaphysics and logic at the University of Giessen . Two years later he also became a professor of mathematics there.
Various scientific societies, for example in Erfurt  , Frankfurt an der Oder , Giessen and Vlissingen accepted him as a member. He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge Zu den drey Löwen in Marburg. 
He also founded the Giessener Wochenblatt .
- Logica. Heinrich Ludwig Brönner, Frankfurt am Main et al. 1749, ( digitized version ).
- Metaphysica. Krieger, Giessen 1753, ( digitized version ).
- Thorough instructions for the art of measuring in the field, including two appendices of water scales and the art of measuring or marrowing underground, for the benefit of those who are interested in the practice of these sciences, but mainly for the use of their listeners. Heinrich Ludwig Brönner, Frankfurt am Main et al. 1759, ( digitized ).
- as editor: magazine for engineers and artillerymen. Vol. 1, 1777 - Vol. 11, 1789, .
- as editor with Franz Karl Schleicher : New military library. 4 ribbons. New academic bookshop, Marburg 1789.
"As a result of advanced science, his numerous writings have mostly lost their earlier meaning." 
- Karl Bernhardi : Böhm, Andreas . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 3, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1876, p. 61 f.
- ADB, Bd. 3., S. 62
- Members of the Academy of Charitable Sciences in Erfurt ( Memento from June 12, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
- Stefan Redies: Freemasons, Knights Templar and Rosicrucians. On the history of the secret societies in Marburg in the 18th century. Tectum-Verlag, Marburg 1998, ISBN 3-8288-9002-4 , p. 8.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German philosopher and mathematician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17. November 1720|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Darmstadt|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 16, 1790|
|Place of death||to water|