Family and education
Andreas Begert is the son of the double bass player Stephan Bauer and the music teacher Irmgard Bauer, geb. Maier.  He is the brother of the conductor and musician Markus Bauer, the nephew of the multi-percussionist Rudi Bauer and the cabaret artist Martin Bauer . 
After attending the Korbinian-Aigner-Gymnasium in Erding , Begert began studying music for teaching at grammar schools with a major in jazz piano and a minor in cello at the University of Music and Theater in Munich .   He was a student of, among others, Tilman Jäger ,  Victor Alcántara , Bernd Redmann and Peter Wittrich and received conducting lessons from Gerd Guglhör , Martin Steidler and Christoph Adt . He was a prizewinner in various competitions.  His first compositions were created during his studies, and he completed his studies in 2015 with the first state examination.
From 2005 to 2012 Begert played as a cellist in the youth chamber orchestra "Violinissimo" in Erding. In 2009 he founded the jazz duo "Brothers in Jazz" with his brother,  with which he released two albums under the label Plattenmoped . In 2010 he initiated together with the bassist Felix Renner and the drummer Josef Hudler the jazz trio "Andi Begert Trio" and released an album on the Paschen Records label . 
From 2010 Begert worked as a songwriter, producer, pianist, singer and bassist in various bands from Bavaria,  among others at Voglwuid ,  Mundhaarmonika and Einshoch6 . In 2016 he worked as a pianist at the Münchner Kammerspiele and in 2017 as musical director of the Gärtnerplatz youth at the State Theater on Gärtnerplatz . 
In 2018 he began with his own larger compositions and gave concerts in the Gasteig Munich ,  Theater im Fraunhofer  and the Redoute Passau.  The Requiem he composed was performed in 2019 at the Gasteig in Munich with the Baroque Orchestra Concerto Munich and the Heinrich Schütz Ensemble Vornbach .  In his crossover music projects for orchestra and choir, he combines several styles of music (folk / classical / pop music). 
Begert has been a lecturer for practical school piano playing at the Institute for School Music at the University of Music and Theater Munich  since 2015 and in the same year took over the musical direction of the Liedertafel Dorfen .  He also taught from 2019 to 2020 as a piano teacher at the Erding District Music School. 
- Requiem for orchestra, choir and solos (2019). Text from Requiem in C minor by Michael Haydn 
- Forgotten love for chamber orchestras
- AFG for school symphony orchestra 
- Dream beginner for chamber orchestra and singing conductors 
- The separation from the child for string quartet (2017) 
- Mass for marmibafon and mezzo-soprano (2017) 
- The Stranger's Smile for piano, cello and guitar (2017) 
- Kreuz dich Welt for saxophone quartet and drum set (2018) 
- The Danger of the Cellar for Two Double Basses (2018) 
- Time lapse for maracas , cowbell and woodblock (2018) 
- Marimbo Town für Marimbafon (2018)
- Clear five for concert guitar (2018) 
Pop and jazz music
- How the Snow Melts for Big Band (2015)
- Sunk for Big Band (2015)
- We spin the wheel for the band Voglwuid (2016) 
- For mi there is only no di for the band Voglwuid (2016)
- Odysseus for the crossover band Blaurosa (2019) 
- Desert grass (2011), record moped
- Pending (2015), PASCHENrecords
- Der Storch (2016), Record moped
- Childhood (2018), Plattenmoped
- The separation from the child (2018), Plattenmoped
- My Song (2020), RecordJet
Working with bands
- Album Raptestdummy (Mundhaarmonika)
- Album Hooks (Mundhaarmonika)
- Audience award at the federal competition for practical piano playing in Weimar (2014) 
- Finalist of the composition competition Tradition and Modernity of the Hypovereinsbank and the Bavarian State Opera (2019) 
- Andreas Begert on the website of the University of Music and Theater Munich
- Official website of Andreas Begert
- Official YouTube channel
- Andreas Begert at Forwart (artist agency of the University of Music and Theater Munich)
- Süddeutsche Zeitung: "A sound that nobody has ever heard of". Accessed August 1, 2020 .
- Anton Renner: Bavarian Oratorio for the World. In: Merkur.de. July 9, 2020, accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Alexandra Anderka: Music in the blood, compositions in the head. In: Merkur.de. December 27, 2017, accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Alexandra Anderka: "At home, I'm extra excited" - Bewie Bauer performs in Erding. In: Merkur.de. September 17, 2019, accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Munich University of Music: Bauer, Andreas - Practical piano playing at school. In: Munich University of Music. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- The Erdinger jazz brothers Markus Bauer and Andreas Begert make music in Munich. In: Meine-angebotezeitung.de. June 24, 2019, accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Andreas Begert Trio. In: paschenrecords.de. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Andi Begert and band. In: forwart-muenchen.de. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- On stage, the musicians from einshoch6. In: einshoch6.de. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Katharina Kohring: Limitless versatility. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. January 24, 2018, accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Composer portrait of Andreas Begert. In: gasteig.de. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Beats and Bauer. In: Theater im Fraunhofer. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Bernhard Brunner: Teacher's compliment: "He is a genius". In: plus.pnp.de. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Regina Bluhme: Concert in the Gasteig Munich: Among Brothers. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. July 10, 2019, accessed July 31, 2020 .
- About Us - Erding District Music School. In: kms-erding.de. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- AFG Erding - 80th school anniversary. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Erdinger Chamber Orchestra. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- The rhythm of time. November 28, 2018, accessed July 31, 2020 .
- The Danger of the Cellar by Stephan Bauer, Thomas Jauch on Amazon Music - Amazon.de. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- We rotate the bike by Voglwuid on Amazon Music - Amazon.de. Accessed July 31, 2020 .
- With harpsichord pop on the big stage: Andreas Begert takes off. June 9, 2019, accessed July 31, 2020 .
- Two overall winners at the federal competition for practical piano playing in schools. In: Music Today. May 12, 2014, accessed July 31, 2020 .
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Bauer, Andreas (maiden name)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German composer and songwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1990|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erding|