Andreas Bendlin - Andreas Bendlin
Andreas Bendlin completed his studies in classical philology in 1994 with a master's degree at the University of Tübingen , followed by a master's degree at the University of Oxford in 1996 . He then received a Junior Research Fellowship at Brasenose College from 1996 to 1999 . In 1998 he received his PhD in Ancient History from Oxford. He taught in Oxford and at the University of Potsdam . At the University of Erfurt , where he served as assistant since 1999 Jörg Rüpke was busy habilitated to Bendlin 2005 Ancient religious history. In the same year he moved to the University of Toronto, where he initially worked as an assistant professor and has taught as an associate professor of Roman history since 2010 . In 2009 he also became Director of the Collaborative Program in Ancient Greek and Roman History , a program initiated jointly with York University in Toronto . Longer research stays took him to the Ruhr University Bochum and the University of Konstanz . He spent further teaching and research stays at the universities of Cape Town , Heidelberg, Jerusalem , Rome and Siena .
Andreas Bendlin primarily researches the ancient, especially Roman, religion . In addition, he deals with Roman social history , the history of colleges in the ancient world, Roman literature and cultural history . He also deals with demography , migration and urbanism and is particularly interested in the influence of these factors on religious pluralism in the city of Rome in ancient times. For Der Neue Pauly , Bendlin was the specialist editor in the field of religious history and wrote various articles in this field himself. Since 2014 he has been the specialist editor forRoman Mythology and Religion for the fifth online edition of the Oxford Classical Dictionary .
- Social Complexity and Religion at Rome in the Second and First Centuries BCE. Bodleian Library, Oxford 1998.
- with Jörg Rüpke and Anne Viola Siebert : ax and altar. Cult and ritual as the key to Roman culture. A project. Sutton, Erfurt 2001, ISBN 3-89702-403-9 .
- Editor with Jörg Rüpke: Roman religion in historical change. Discourse development from Plautus to Ovid. (= Potsdamer Classical Studies Volume 17), Steiner, Stuttgart 2009, ISBN 978-3-515-08828-2 .
- Portrait on the website of the University of Toronto (English)
- Portrait on the website of the University of Bochum (English)
- Portrait on the website of Clio-online
|ALTERNATIVNAMEN||Bendlin, Andreas E.|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German ancient historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1966|