Career as a racing driver
Andy Bentza got into motorsport in the early 1970s, supported by his father and especially his mother .
From 1973 he drove, among other things, as a team mate of Franz Wurz in the Austrian State Rallycross Championship and won the championship title there several times.  His last major success in this series was in 1986 winning the cup in Division II for vehicles of group B. 
He achieved his greatest motorsport success in 1978 on a Lancia Stratos HF 3.0 by winning the European Rallycross Championship in the GT division   and in 1986 at the British Rallycross Grand Prix at Brands Hatch , which he won on an Audi quattro .
- Club career website: Ing.Andreas Bentza. At: www.club-carriere.com , accessed on March 2, 2020 .
- Austria-Motorsport - Website: Österreichische Ehrentafel 1983. On: austria-motorsport.at , accessed on March 2, 2020 .
- Austria-Motorsport - Website: Österreichische Ehrentafel 1986. On: austria-motorsport.at , accessed on March 2, 2020 .
- Motorsport archive - website: Andreas Bentza. At: www.motorsport-archive.com , accessed on March 2, 2020 .
- Formula Super Vau - Internet site: Historical pictures. At: www.formel-super-vau.de , accessed on March 2, 2020 .
- Motorline - website: RX-WM in Fiesta Supercar. From: www.motorline.cc , January 15, 2015, accessed March 2, 2020 .
- Auto-Motor - website: 40 years of Lancia Stratos HF. From: auto-motor.at , April 29, 2010, accessed on March 2, 2020 .
- Oldtimer Guide - website: Ing.Andreas Bentza. On: oldtimer-guide.at , accessed on March 2, 2020 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Austrian rallycross driver|
|DATE OF BIRTH||3rd July 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|