Life and work
Döring completed a degree in German , English and philosophy , which took him to Purdue University in West Lafayette ( Indiana , USA ) in 1978/79 . He did his doctorate on the logic of travelogues. 
A DAAD scholarship enabled him to spend two years as an assistant lecturer in German at Lancaster University in the United Kingdom . Döring wrote his first texts in 1987, published among others in the series L'80 Democracy and Socialism . He published short stories in the magazine Die Horen . In 1989 he wrote the lyrics for the title track of Peter Maffay's album Kein Weg zu weit .
From 1991 until he left his career in 2017, he worked as an editor for the NDR and in this role created several radio features , mainly about travel and travel literature.   Since 2003 he has been reading literature on voyages, for example on board the now run aground World Discoverer , but also on the Royal Clipper , the tall ships of Sea Cloud Cruises or the expedition ships of Hapag-Lloyd .
Döring has a teaching position for literary writing and cultural journalism at the Faber-Castell Academy in Stein near Nuremberg  and a teaching position in the field of media management at the Ostfalia University in Wolfenbüttel.
- Andreas Döring: Myrderline. My illness is the blackness of my coffee , audio book, 2013
- Andreas Döring / Ute Ohlms: The real Heinrich. Historically critical banter on the occasion of the 800th anniversary of his death. 1st edition. Kuhle, 1995.
- Andreas Döring: Wirth. Another two quarters of the room. Braunschweig restaurants and Braunschweig beer back then . 1st edition. Kuhle, 2000, ISBN 3-923696-84-1 .
- Andreas Döring: Matarua's legacy. Stories from the South Seas . 1st edition. Kratzke, 2011, ISBN 978-3-9811555-3-2 .
- Andreas Döring: Lord, now you will let your servant go in peace . In: Journal for Literature, Art, and Criticism 41st year, 2nd quarter 1996
- Andreas Döring: The Duke fell from his horse . In: Stint , Zeitschrift für Literatur No. 17, May 1995
- Andreas Döring: I'm sitting on a stone: an inner German monologue . In: L´80 Democracy and Socialism , 1986
- Lyrics for Moina Erichson : Moina - Call my name, Eden Rock / Universal, Paris 2003
- Lyrics for Jazzkantine, Bertelsmann Music Group , 2003
- Lyrics for Peter Maffay : No way too far, Bertelsmann Music Group, 1989
- 1987: Literature Prize from the Lower Saxony Ministry for European Affairs
- 1990: Gold and platinum from Bertelsmann Music for the title song “Kein Weg zu weit” by Peter Maffay
- Andreas Döring's website , accessed on April 26, 2014.
- Andreas Döring ( Memento from April 29, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), website of the Braunschweig Crime Festival, accessed on April 26, 2014.
- February 10, 1941: Bombs on Braunschweig . NDR website, accessed on April 26, 2014.
- Ann Claire Richter: Finally time for all that is beautiful . In: Braunschweiger Zeitung . 15th May 2018.
- Further education in literary writing. Faber-Castell Academy, accessed on August 23, 2019 .
- Second “exquisite” evening in the house of the Braunschweigische Stiftungen on February 15 with bizarre texts presented by Andreas Döring, press release of the Braunschweigischer Kulturbesitz Foundation of February 12, 2014.
- Federal Government Commissioner for the Issues of Disabled People (Ed.): Volker Darnedde: Myrderline. My sickness is the blackness of my coffee; read by Andreas Döring Kleisthaus, 2013
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German author, narrator and journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Braunschweig|