Andreas Frölich - Andreas Frölich
Live and act
After finishing school, Andreas Frölich studied piano with Vitaly Margulis at the Freiburg University of Music and with Pavel Gililov at the Cologne University of Music. After graduating as a concert pianist and winning prizes at major competitions, Frölich then took up a lively concert career at home and abroad, which took him to major podiums in Europe and, among others, to South America, South Africa, Japan and Australia. In addition, he has received invitations to perform at the Rheingau Music Festival , the Schleswig-Holstein Music Festival , the Salzburg Easter Festival , the Würzburg Mozart Festival , and the Schubertiadein Roskilde and many others.
As a soloist he has performed with numerous renowned orchestras such as the Vienna Chamber Philharmonic , the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra , the Württemberg Chamber Orchestra Heilbronn , the German Chamber Academy Neuss, the Munich Chamber Orchestra , the Beethoven Orchestra Bonn , the St. Petersburg Philharmonic , the Limburg Symphony Orchestra Maastricht, the Beethoven Orchester Bonn, the Armenian Philharmonic, the Salzburg Chamber Soloists, the Kammerphilharmonie Amadé, the Concerto Málaga, the Kuopio Symphonic Orchestra, as well as the Tallinn Philharmonic Orcestra, Radio Symphonic Luxembourg, the Rheinische Philharmonie Koblenz, the Orchester de Bretagne, the Collegium instrumental hall and many others.
Chamber music is a focus of his artistic activity . Frölich has performed with the Ensemble Wien and is currently one of the members of the renowned Mendelsohn Trio Berlin, alongside Uta Klöber, violin and Ramon Jaffé, violoncello. He has recorded more than 30 CDs, some of which have won awards, on labels such as CPO, EMI, BMG, Oehms Classics, VMS and Divox.
For the winter semester in 2006, Frölich accepted a call to the University of Music and Dance Cologne / Aachen. In 2001 Andreas Frölich was also one of the co-founders and artistic directors of the AmadèO Festival in Aachen and the Orpheo concert series in Kerkrade (NL) and Herzogenrath , which are organized annually as part of the Euriade Festival by the "Stichting Euriade eV". The one from the philosopher Werner JanssenStichting Euriade eV, founded in 1981, elected Frölich to the executive board and entrusted him with the musical direction of the Euriade Festival. As part of the AmadéO Festival, the Prix amadéo de piano was organized annually for young pianists, which was renamed the MozARTe International Piano Competition from 2015 . Together with Ilja Scheps , he founded the MozARTe e. V. and together with Scheps took over the management of this association and the competition jury.
Andreas Frölich is a professor at the University of Music and Dance Cologne / Aachen location. He regularly gives international master classes, including as a visiting professor at the International Summer Academy Mozarteum Salzburg , and is in demand as a juror at numerous international piano competitions. In recent years his students have won more than 30 prizes (1st and 2nd prizes) at numerous national and international piano competitions.
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Ramon Jaffé (violoncello): "Méditation hébraique": Music by Jewish composers from three centuries , Koch international, Munich, 1995
- Piano-Trio Salzburg - Andreas Frölich (piano), Ramon Jaffé (violoncello) and Lavard Skou-Larsen (violin): Enrique Granados : Cello pieces and piano trios , CPO, 1995
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Ramon Jaffé (violoncello): Johannes Brahms in arrangement by his friends and contemporaries , Koch International, Munich, 1996
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Ramon Jaffé (violoncello): Heinrich von Herzogenberg : Cello Works and Chamber Music Part II , CPO, 2000
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Sonja van Beek (violin): Erich Wolfgang Korngold : Complete works for violin and piano , CD-Universe, 2000
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Sylvia-Elisabeth Viertel (violin): Works for violin and piano, MusiContact Heidelberg , 2000
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Ensemble Vienna: WA Mozart: Piano Quartet KV 452 , Koch / Schwann 2001
- Andreas Frölich (piano), Sonja van Beek (violin) and Floris Mijnders (violoncello): Beethoven and Brahms: Klaviertrios , Signum MusiContact Heidelberg, 2003
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Ensemble Caméléon Amsterdam: Mozart in the Salon: Piano Concerto KV 415 and opera with chamber music , MusiContact, Heidelberg, 2004
- Andreas Frölich (piano), Stephan Picard (violin) and Ramon Jaffé (violoncello) (Mendelssohn Trio Berlin): Ferdinand Ries: piano trios and piano quartets ; CPO, 2004 and 2005
- Andreas Frölich (piano), Stephan Picard (violin) and Ramon Jaffé (violoncello) (Mendelssohn Trio Berlin): Astor Piazzolla: "Meditango" , VMS, Feldkirch, 2006
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Kammerphilharmonie Amadé, conductor: Frieder Obstfeld: WA Mozart: Piano Concerto in A major KV 488, VMS, Feldkirch 2006
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Ramon Jaffé (violoncello): Edvard Grieg : works for violoncello and piano , CPO, 2008
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and Alexander Hülshoff (violoncello): "Musique Hébraique": Schostakowitsch, Bloch ; VMS, Feldkirch, 2008
- Andreas Frölich (piano), Uta Kunert (violin) and Ramon Jaffé (violoncello) (Mendelssohn Trio Berlin): Johannes Brahms: Piano Trio op.40, Scherzo FAE and 8 songs ; VMS; Feldkirch, 2012
- Andreas Frölich (piano) and German Dutch Chamber Philharmonic: WA Mozart: Piano Concerto in B flat major KV 595, VMS; Feldkirch 2008
- Andreas Frölich (piano), Gilles Apap (violin) and delian :: quartett: Joseph Haydn: Piano Concerto in G major and Concerto for violin, piano and strings in F major , OEHMS Classics, 2009
- Andreas Frölich (piano): Frédéric Chopin: "Cantabile" (waltz, nocturnes, prelude, polonaise) ; VMS, Feldkirch 2010
- Andreas Frolich (piano) and Friedemann Eichhorn (violin): "Souvenir d 'Amérique"; Works by Gerschwin, Vieuxtemps, Korngold, Bloch, Williams, Waxmann, Bragato, Piazzolla, Kroll, Cage and others, Oehms Classics 2012
- Andreas Frölich: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Piano Concertos KV 238 and 415; Armenian Philharmonic Orchestra , conductor: Eduard Topchjan; Oehms Classics 2014
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German pianist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1963|