He became known in public through his role as managing director of the textile company Tiroler Loden GmbH  , whose production hall burned down to the ground in 2001. The Uniqa insurance refused to pay the damage amount, whereupon Gebauer sued the insurance company.  The group of companies was in economic difficulties at this time. 
Gebauer was on 6 December 2003 by a substitute judge on suspicion of incitement to arson for two weeks in custody taken,  but released immediately after return of the competent judge again on the grounds that "there was no whatever type suspected ... ". In its decision of May 12, 2004, the Independent Administrative Senate determined that Andreas Gebauer's arrest was illegal. 
The major fire of June 3, 2001 and the subsequent investigations against Andreas Gebauer attracted great political attention in Austria.  In April 2005 the investigation against Gebauer has been set, among other things, drew the alleged arsonist back his statement and released Gebauer, also stood two experts of the Ministry of the Interior errors in their appraisals.  The fire in the Tyrolean loden factory could never be clarified.  Uniqa insurance paid out more than 18 million euros in 2005. 
In January 2007, Andreas Gebauer became managing director of the ailing company Kneissl .  In February 2011 he filed for bankruptcy. This affected Kneissl Holding GmbH, Kneissl Tirol GmbH and Kneissl Star Lounge GmbH.  At the end of January 2012, the creditors agreed to the restructuring plan presented by Gebauer, and the bankruptcy was lifted. Andreas Gebauer resigned from his position as managing director of the sporting goods manufacturer in February 2012.
- Can Gebauer save Kneissl from extinction? , Economy in the Alpine Region, March 15, 2007
- Marketing: Tiroler Loden relies on cooperation with garment manufacturers and retailers for the realignment ( memento of January 4, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) in: Textilwirtschaft , accessed on January 13, 2011.
- Can Gebauer save Kneissl from collapse? ( Memento from August 10, 2014 in the Internet Archive ). In: wianet.at , accessed on August 3, 2014.
- test for Tyrolean loden . In: WirtschaftsBlatt , accessed on January 10, 2011. (Source no longer available online)
- Fire and Ice: Kneissl boss with a past . In: DiePresse.com , accessed on January 10, 2011.
- Decision of the UVS . In: docdroid.net , accessed August 3, 2014.
- Parliamentary question of February 4, 2005 . In: News.at , accessed on January 10, 2011.
- Tiroler Loden boss strikes against Kripo ( Memento from January 22, 2015 in the Internet Archive ). In: WirtschaftsBlatt , accessed on January 10, 2011.
- Westenthaler presents Tiroler-Loden boss Andreas Gebauer as the BZÖ-Tirol top candidate . In: OTS , accessed January 10, 2011.
- Gebauer is supposed to renovate ski manufacturers
- Kneissl bankruptcy: Bankruptcy opened for affected parts of the company ( Memento from February 11, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) www.tt.com , accessed on November 16, 2015.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Austrian entrepreneur|
|DATE OF BIRTH||5. April 1965|