Andreas Grimm graduated from high school in 1981 and then studied musicology , ethnology and English in Cologne and London from 1983 to 1991 . During his studies he worked as a composer and wrote music for the comedy theater group "Die Niegelungen". From 1988 to 1992 he worked as an author for radio and the Mainzer Rhein-Zeitung . Since 1994 he has been working as a freelance composer, pianist and music producer. He wrote the music for many television shows, including Die Wochenshow , Ladykracher , Die Sketch Show and Pastewka .
Grimm was on tour as musical director and keyboard player with musicians such as Lena Meyer-Landrut and Max Mutzke and with the band Fred Kellner and the famous Soulsisters .  With his music to the comedy The WiXXer Grimm debuted in 2004 as a film composer for a feature film. For this he was awarded the German Film Critics' Prize.
Since 2008 he has been teaching as professor for media composition at the Institute for Music and Media at the Robert Schumann University in Düsseldorf .
- 1996–2011: The weekly show
- 2002–2004: Axel!
- 2002–2013: Ladykracher
- 2004–2006: Axel! want to know (TV series)
- 2004: The WiXXer
- 2004: The Night of the Living Losers
- since 2005: Pastewka (TV series)
- 2007: Help! Wedding! - Worst Week of My Life (TV Series)
- 2007: Children, Children (TV series)
- 2007: Merry Christmas
- 2008: Two Santa Clauses
- 2013: Ritter Rost - Eisenhart & fully dented
- 2013: Blaubär Mix & Ready
- 2015: Ellerbeck (TV series)
- 2015: Once Hallig and back
- 2017: Ritter Rost - The scrap conspiracy
- 2020: Pan Tau (TV series, 2020)
- Andreas Grimm in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Andreas Grimm at filmportal.de
- Official website
- biography | Andreas Grimm. Accessed December 8, 2017 (German).
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German composer, keyboardist and university teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Koblenz , Germany|