Antonio Garcia Ferreras - Antonio García Ferreras
|Antonio Garcia Ferreras|
Antonio García Ferreras in 2013.
September 20, 1966 (age 54) |
León , Spain
|Sons||Charlotte and Simon [ 1 ]|
|Educated in||Complutense University of Madrid|
|Occupation||Journalist and presenter|
|Programs|| Al Rojo Vivo (since 2011) the |
Sixth Column (since 2012)
|Ondas Awards||Cat. Radio (2001)|
Antonio García Ferreras ( León , September 20, 1966) is a journalist , presenter and director of Spanish television . He directs and presents the current affairs and political debate program " Al rojo vivo " on La Sexta . [ 2 ]
Graduated in Journalism from the Complutense University of Madrid , he began his career as a journalist in 1986, on the Radio Valladolid station of Cadena SER . Later he moved to Radio Sevilla, where he worked as editor until his appointment as head of news for the SER in Andalusia, stage in which he directed the information on Expo '92 . During those years he made his first foray into television, being the interviewer for Canal Sur , in the current affairs program "Iñaki, los Thursdays", presented and coordinated by Iñaki Gabilondo , a joint broadcast in several autonomous regions of FORTA . 
In 1993 he was appointed deputy director of news at the national level, moving to Madrid. Two years later, in 1995, at the age of 29, he assumed the direction of the chain's news services. [ 4 ] On November 29, 2001, he was appointed director of Cadena SER, a position he held until September 2004, in which he separated at his own request, after seventeen years in the business. [ 5 ] [ 6 ] Under his direction Cadena SER spread false news about the existence of suicide bombers in the bombings of 11 March , reportedly confirmed by three different sources of counter - terrorism. [ 7 ]
With the arrival of Florentino Pérez to the presidency of Real Madrid , after the July 2000 elections, a pioneering economic-sports policy was established in the club, which had an impact on football worldwide. [ 8 ] In the media field, a diffusion was sought according to the magnitude of an institution that was recently named in 2000 by FIFA as " Best Club of the Century ". To direct this global leadership strategy, the president probes García Ferreras, who after leaving the SER leadership was finally appointed as the club's communication director in September 2004, [ 9 ]Remaining in office until March 2006, shortly before his appointment as director of La Sexta . [ 10 ]
With him in charge of the communication area, and with a constellation of stars in the team at the height of « Los Galacticos », [ 11 ] the Real Madrid TV programming was renewed , the interactive area and the website were redesigned, Official publications were expanded ( official magazine and Grada Blanca), and the production of informative documentaries such as "The birth of a passion" or "Siempre Real" was promoted, as well as the first feature film produced by a sports club with " Real, the movie ». [ 12 ]
From April 11, 2006 to the present, he has been the director of La Sexta , a national and generalist television network, which began broadcasting a few months after the launch of DTT in Spain , by obtaining the sixth national license for private televisions. After the merger of Antena 3 and La Sexta on October 1, 2012, he is part of the board of the resulting group, Atresmedia . [ 13 ]
As director of the network, he initially bet on sports and entertainment content, holding the rights to some of the main sporting events, such as the 2006 soccer and basketball World Cups, as well as the open game on Saturdays of the National Championship League during the 2006-2012 six-year term. [ 14 ] Later, it turned towards a model more focused on prioritizing current affairs and political information. In line with this evolution, in January 2011 he began directing and presenting one of the leading programs in the political debate in the country, " Al Rojo Vivo ", [ 15 ]Premiering at night, to go from September 5, 2011, to the traditional schedule of the morning gatherings (from 11:00 to 14:15), prior to the news of " La Sexta Noticias ". [ 16 ] It has also presented, since January 2012 and on the same channel, the current affairs program " La Sexta Column ". [ 17 ]
|2018||Elite corps||Antenna 3||The same||1 episode|
|2020||The paper house||Netflix||The same||2 episodes|
- «Antonio García Ferreras:" Spanish and red, yes. " » . elmundo.es . December 1, 2018.
- "Antonio García Ferreras: professional profile" . lasexta.com . September 21, 2012.
- "Memoranda, Canal Sur Archive" . canalsur.es . November 8, 1990.
- «García Ferreras, appointed director of the SER, and Jorge Flo, of the Musical Chains» . elpais.com . November 29, 2001.
- «Antonio García Ferreras, new director of Communication of R. Madrid» . chainser.com . September 17, 2004.
- «Emilio Butragueño, new sports general director and Antonio García Ferreras, new director of Communication and Contents of R.Madrid» . chainser.com . October 6, 2004.
- "The SER chain specifies the accusations of former president Aznar . " The Country . November 29, 2004. ISSN 1134-6582 . Retrieved August 17, 2020 .
- «The president who transformed Real Madrid» . elespanol.com . July 18, 2019.
- «García Ferreras, new director of Communication of Real Madrid» . elmundo.es . September 17, 2004.
- «García Ferreras and the directors of Informativos y Deportes will arrive at La Sexta in the next few days» . elmundo.es . March 10, 2006.
- «The galactic Madrid and the Beckhammania» . lasexta.com . February 4, 2020.
- «" The Galactics "hit theaters» . elmundo.es . August 24, 2005.
- «Antonio García Ferreras will be the director of La Sexta» . elmundo.es . April 11, 2006.
- "La Sexta announces the purchase of the 2006 World Cup" . elmundo.es . March 28, 2006.
- "The reasons for the enormous success of Antonio García Ferreras in 'Al rojo vivo ' " . elconfidencial.com . September 30, 2018.
- "Ferreras advances 'Al Rojo Vivo ' " . lainformacion.com . February 3, 2017.
- "The Sixth Column" . lasexta.com . February 7, 2014.
- «Ana Pastor:" We will not get married. It is as if we already were " » . elmundo.es . June 18, 2014.