Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey - Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey
Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey grew up in Neuhaus im Solling . He is the great-grandson of the writer and social reformer Heinrich Sohnrey . As a child he accompanied his father Hanfried Schwering-Sohnrey to readings of the texts of his great-grandfather. 
His school career was interrupted by a change of school and two repetitions of a class. He could not identify with the rigid school structures. At the Georg-von-Langen School in Holzminden he finally graduated from high school with a major in economics. Then he did two years of community service in the care of the severely disabled.
His youth in the rural area around Neuhaus was not only influenced by the literary line of his own family, but also by little cultural influences. He founded a youth group and began his first productions at the age of 12 , making his first short film at the age of 14, which was then shown at the International Short Film Festival in Hamburg . From 1993 to 1997 he studied acting at the Hanover University of Music and Theater .
During his studies, Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey was already engaged at the Lower Saxony State Theater in Hanover and then accepted a permanent engagement at the Grips Theater Berlin . He was also seen in the Sophiensaele Berlin, at Hebbel am Ufer Berlin and the Theaterhaus Stuttgart . He is a member of the group a rose is .
Movie and TV
During his first engagement at the Grips Theater in Berlin, Schwering-Sohnrey had the opportunity to work with film directors such as Leander Haußmann , Detlev Buck and Wolfgang Becker . He decided to leave the theater and work freely.
A little later he attracted attention with his unusual figure drawing in Jobst Oetzmann's film adaptation of the novel The Solitude of the Crocodiles , in which he gave the fool Ronald, who prefers to stick with the pigs than the village community, a previously unseen humanity. Schwering-Sohnrey soon established himself through further work with, among others, Stefan Ruzowitzky ( anatomy ) and Niki Stein ( automatic death ). He then played in a number of crime scenes, worked with Uli Edel ( Das Adlon. A family saga ) and showed himself in character interpretations of historical personalities such asBilly Wilder and Joseph Goebbels .
There was an increasing number of international productions. Collaborations with Quentin Tarantino , Michael Haneke and David Cronenberg followed , which opened up further stages in his work. Acting agents in Canada , England and Ireland signed him and he soon appeared in series on the BBC ( SS-GB ) and Canadian television ( X Company ).
In addition, Schwering-Sohnrey is co-founder of the " Society for Artistic Research ", an initiative for artistic research. He works as a lecturer and coach at the Hanover University of Music and Drama and the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London. He is an active member of the German and European Film Academy and founder of the "Institute for Adventure", an association for media project development that he set up together with the scriptwriter Liza Reichardt.
- 1999: The loneliness of the crocodiles
- 2000: anatomy
- 2000: Ouch, you happy
- 2001: Family and other fortunes, directed by Dror Zahavi
- 2001: Good Bye, Lenin!
- 2002: Rita's World (TV series, episode: The Crash (S4E6), guest role as a call center employee)
- 2002: Christmas (TV movie)
- 2002: Alphateam - The lifesavers in the operating room (TV series, episode 7x09)
- 2003: From the depths of space
- 2004: Oktoberfest
- 2004: crime scene: change of shift
- 2005: The night of the great flood
- 2005: Macho in the spin cycle
- 2006: Scene of the crime: Bienzle and death in the market hall
- 2006: Crime Scene: The Lost Child
- 2007: The automatic death
- 2007: Boss for two weeks
- 2008: Emergency Call Hafenkante (TV series, episode Vollrausch )
- 2008: The Morphus Secret
- 2008–2012: The Schwarzwaldhof (TV series, 6 episodes)
- 2009: Inglourious Basterds
- 2009: men's hearts
- 2009: Effi Briest
- 2009: The White Ribbon - A German Children's Story
- 2009: very close to you
- 2010: 380,000 volts - The great blackout (TV movie)
- 2011: a dark desire
- 2011: Wilsberg - In the name of Rosi
- 2012: The marriage fraud and his wife
- 2012: Crime scene: Hinkebein
- 2013: The Adlon. A family saga (three-part television series)
- 2013: the golden goose
- 2013: women who made history
- 2013: Alarm for Cobra 11 (TV series, episode retaliation )
- 2014: Who Am I - No system is safe
- 2014: Inspector Jury - The dead man in the pub
- 2015: X Company
- 2015: The state against Fritz Bauer
- 2015: The paint is off
- since 2015: Tatort ( Lessing and Dorn )
- 2015: Inspector Jury - Murder in the Fog
- 2015: Luis Trenker - The fine line of truth
- 2016: Der Bergdoktor (TV series, episode: One last song )
- 2016: The Specialists - In the Name of the Victims (TV series, episode 1: The Prodigal Son )
- 2016: Shakespeare's Last Round
- 2016: Spirit of the Wolf
- 2016: Murder in the North (TV series, episode Eiskind )
- 2017: Inspector Jury plays cat and mouse
- 2017: puberty
- 2017: SS-GB
- 2017: The fear is cold
- 2017: Back for Good
- 2017: Blaumacher
- 2018: Hotel Heidelberg
- 2018: Inspector Jury - The Death of the Harlequin
- 2018: The City & the City
- 2018: War of Dreams
- 2018: SOKO Hamburg - bachelor party
- 2018: 303
- 2018: jerks.
- 2019: The Poison Child
- 2019: The fairy tale of the twelve months
- 2019: Free Land
- 2020: Resistance – Widerstand (Resistance)
- Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Website Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey
- Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey at schauspielervideos.de
- Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey - actor. Retrieved March 25, 2019 .
- Jörn Barke: Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey - great-grandson Heinrich Sohnreys plays a supporting role in the new Tarantino film. In: goettinger-tageblatt.de. June 17, 2009, accessed on November 24, 2020 (interview).
- Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey - Tatort - ARD | The first. Retrieved April 1, 2019 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||6. November 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Holzminden|