Arno Frank - Arno Frank
Arno Frank studied art history and philosophy and graduated from the German School of Journalism in Munich (DJS). For eleven years he worked as an editor at taz in Berlin, where he developed and headed the Society department . As a freelance culture journalist and essayist, he writes for Spiegel Online , Die Zeit , Neon , den Fluter and Dummy . He is the domestic correspondent for the taz for Hesse, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland.
In 2017 he published his first novel So, And Now You Come , which is based on the autobiographical experiences of his childhood and youth.
- Pack with opinion. About swarm stupidity (essay), Kein & Aber , Zurich 2013, ISBN 978-3-0369-5654-1
- With Mason Currey: More Kissing the Muses (Biographies, Original Title: Daily Rituals. How Artists Work , from the American by Anna-Christin Kramer), Kein & Aber, Zurich 2015, ISBN 978-3-0369-5728-9
- So, and now you come (novel), Klett-Cotta , Stuttgart 2017, ISBN 978-3-608-50369-2
So, now you come
“A thriller, a family tragedy, a sloping Bildungsroman: all of this is in this true, fictional story that Arno Frank puts in the mouth of his true, fictional self from back then so that he can tell it to us - a boy who gradually becomes clear that his father is a criminal, a con man, and that the dream world he draws his family into will inevitably explode. "
“Similar to 'Tschick', the other great German road novel of our day, you suspect when reading that it will soon have to be made into a film. The situational humor is similar to that of Herrndorf, the fast-paced plot won't let you go anyway, you are touched and dismayed at the same time and always want to paint new passages. "
Other critics described the novel as a gripping drama without sentimentality and praised the lapidary narrative tone and the fine ironic distance. 
- Literature by and about Arno Frank in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and reviews of works by Arno Frank at perlentaucher.de
- The writer Arno Frank - a portrait , Bayerischer Rundfunk, May 19, 2017 (accessed June 16, 2017)
- Article by Arno Frank on Spiegel Online
- Article by Arno Frank on Zeit Online
- Article by Arno Frank on taz Online
- Arno Frank, website of the publishing house Kein & Aber
- Tobias Rüther: The ghosts of the car route. FAZ, March 19, 2017, accessed on August 28, 2017 .
- Alex Rühle: Every day a fool gets up. Süddeutsche Zeitung, April 5, 2017, accessed on August 28, 2017 .
- A cloud cuckoo country on the Côte d'Azur. femundo.de, accessed on August 10, 2017 .
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kaiserslautern|