Attila Kalman - Attila Kalman
From 1982 to 1986 Kalman studied music at the Budapest Bartók Conservatory. He studied organ there with Endre Virágh. In 1986 he studied church music at the State University for Music and Performing Arts in Stuttgart with Ludger Lohmann (organ), Fernande Kaeser (piano), Professor Dieter Kurz (choir director), Hans-Martin Corrinth (improvisation) and Helmut Wolf (orchestra conducting) on. In 1991 the church music B diploma followed, in 1993 the church music A diploma . In 2001 he took an organ masterclass with Frédéric Blanc in Paris.
From December 1993 to September 2001 Kalman was a full-time church musician for the people's mission in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, and was also the music representative for the entire work. From October 2001 to September 2002 he completed a one-year church music internship in the Evangelical Church of Württemberg in the Brackenheim district cantorate . From 2003 Kalman was cantor of the Evangelical Church Community of Stuttgart-Möhringen at the Martinskirche. Since January 2006 he has been cantor and organist of the Leonberg city church and district cantor of the Evangelical church district of Leonberg . He heads the Johanneskantorei, as well as the children's choirs, the pop choir and the chamber music group. At the same time he is training director of the organist and choir conducting courses for the part-time church musicians in the church district. He is a member of the Association Council of the Association of Evangelical Church Music in Württemberg and its deputy chairman, he is also the conductor of the Altingen Choir Association and guest lecturer at the Liebenzell Mission International University of Applied Sciences , where he leads the Klangcoerper student choir .  
Since 1986 Kalman has been the organist of the Hungarian Evangelical Congregation in Stuttgart. He regularly plays organ and piano concerts at home and abroad (Germany, Hungary, Romania, France, Italy, Switzerland), and television recordings have also been made. Performances with various ensembles as organist, harpsichord player, pianist, double bass player or conductor (Ludwigsburg Palace Festival, Music of the Centuries - Stuttgart, St. Eberhard Cathedral Choir, Stuttgart, Concert Association of Stuttgart Choirists, etc.). He is a founding member of the Tintoretto-Vocalensemble Stuttgart and sings bass there . Kalman regularly gives concerts at home and abroad. 
Kalman is also active in the German-speaking Christian pop music scene and teaches as a lecturer at seminars for choir directors, he is arranger, composer, speaker and choir director at summer festivals. There are several CD releases of Kalman as arranger and keyboard player. He is the pianist in concerts by Christoph Zehendner , Clemens Bittlinger and Gerhard Schnitter , he also gives regular concerts as a conductor together with Beate Ling , Johannes Nitsch , Helmut Jost , and others
Attila Kalman has been married to Evelyn since 1994. The couple have two children and live in Ditzingen .
Recordings and publications
- Sacred madrigals and gospels with the Tintoretto ensemble , works by Heinrich Schütz (SWV 371-373), Johann Hermann Schein , with Barbara Flechenhar (soprano), Petra Botsch (soprano), Simone Woll (alto), Otmar Wiedenmann-Montgomery (tenor ), Attila Kalman (bass and arrangements), tritone 2000.
- Because it's Jesus' birthday soon . Recording: Attila Kalman. Double CD, Hänssler Verlag 2003. No. 99.919.
- O you happy . Arrangements and recordings: Attila Kalman. CD, Hänssler Verlag 2004. No. 99.933.
- Paul Gerhardt personally. Lyrics read by Phlipp Schepmann. Choral melodies played by Attila Kalman. CD, Hänssler Verlag 2006, No. 99.975.
- The Walcker organ in Saverne in Alsace. Organ works from the late Romantic period , works by Joseph Rheinberger , Johannes Brahms , Max Reger , Franz Liszt , Max Gulbins , Heinrich Lang , Sigfrid Karg-Elert , recording (2009): Attila Kalman. CD.
- Organ time with Attila Kalman on the main organ of the Leonberger Stadtkirche (2010). DVD with organ works and improvisations.
- Our foundation , song for ChurchNight 2007, Siegen 2007, text: Christopher Zehedner
- Attila Kalman, article: Leonberg Church District , in: Music in our Church. Handbook of church music in the Evangelical Church in Württemberg , Strube-Verlag Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-89912-102-5 , pp. 108–110
- Attila Kálmán, article: Music in Leonberg , in the official journal of the city of Leonberg No. 45 of November 6, 2008
- Works by and about Attila Kalman in the catalog of the German National Library
- Attila Kalman - website
- Evangelisches Bezirkskantorat Leonberg - Website
- TV interview: Praise God at the Organ , erf.de, accessed on February 19, 2014.
- The Message is Love , IHL Advent Concerts ( Memento from February 22, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), ihl.eu
- Attila Kalman: Biography , kalman.de, accessed on February 19, 2014.
- German-Hungarian artist mediation : Portrait of Attila ( Memento from February 13, 2013 in the Internet Archive ), cms4people.de
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Hungarian church musician, conductor, choir director and organist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 27, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Budapest|