Au am Inn - Au am Inn
Au am Inn
Market Gars at the Inn
|Height :||418 m|
|Residents :||151 (1987)|
|Incorporation :||1. April 1971|
|Postal code :||83546|
|Area code :||08073|
Au was first mentioned towards the end of the 8th century. Later it came into the possession of the Counts of Megling .
| || || || |
In 1971 it was incorporated into Gars am Inn as part of the municipal reform, the Wasserburg district was dissolved in 1972.
Facilities / infrastructure
- The Au am Inn monastery , a splendidly furnished monastery church, is well worth seeing .
- The ruins of the medieval Megling Castle are in the Stampfl district .
Two connecting roads lead to the nearby state road 2352 to Gars.
The Stampfl mountain run has been taking place in the vicinity of Au since 1985 ( own spelling Stampfl Berglauf ), during which 200 meters of altitude must be conquered over a distance of 4.2 km. 
- Norbert Hauner (1743–1827), Augustinian canon and church composer, born the son of a landlord in the Stampfl mountain inn in the eponymous district. In 2007 a memorial cross was erected in his honor on the site of the former inn.