Audi A1 GB - Audi A1 GB
|A1 (Typ GB)|
|Production period:||since 2018|
|Class :||Small car|
|Body versions :||Kombilimousine|
|Engines:|| Gasoline engines : |
|Wheelbase :||2563 mm|
|Empty weight :||1165–1335 kg|
|Previous model||Audi A1 8X|
|Stars in the Euro NCAP - Crash Test (2019) |
The second generation A1 was presented in mid-June 2018, replacing the A1 8X introduced in 2010. Sales started in July 2018, production started at the Seat plant in Martorell, Spain  in October 2018 and the first models were finally delivered in November 2018.  That same year, the formal show premiere took place at the Mondial Paris Motor Show held. 
At the end of July 2019, Audi presented the A1 citycarver, an additional variant with a slightly different look. In autumn 2019 he came to the dealers.  The formal show premiere of the version found on the IAA instead of 2019. 
In 2019, the A1 Sportback 30 TFSI won the Golden Steering Wheel in the small car class .
The A1 citycarver variant has a body that is 35 mm higher and has off-road applications. In addition, the Citycarver only has two flat slots between the bonnet and the radiator grille. 
While the first generation of the A1 (8X), which is based on the PQ25 platform , was initially only available as a three-door model and the five-door Sportback version was only introduced in February 2012 , the second generation is only available as a five-door Sportback . The A1 thus follows the Seat Ibiza 6F and VW Polo VI , which are also based on the MQB-A0 architecture  (second generation of the modular transverse matrix, introduction of the first generation: 2012), which were also introduced in 2017, with the model change in 2017 as well the three-door variants were omitted.
Initially, there is a choice of three gasoline engines in four output variants for the second-generation A1 . The "30 TFSI" performance level with a maximum output of 85 kW is equipped with less displacement or cylinders, the so-called downsizing . The "35 TFSI" and "40 TFSI" output levels have more displacement than the "1.4 TFSI COD" or "1.8 TFSI" engine variants in the previous model. They all have a gasoline particle filter and meet the Euro 6d TEMP standard. Diesel engines are currently no longer available. [8th]
|25 TFSI||30 TFSI||35 TFSI||40 TFSI (1)|
|Order period||01/2019–08/2020||since 09/2020||09/2018–08/2020||since 09/2020||11/2018–08/2020||since 09/2020||11/2018–08/2020|
|Motor series||VW EA211||VW EA211evo||VW EA211||VW EA211evo||VW EA888|
|Mixture preparation||Petrol direct injection|
|Cylinders / valves||3/12||4/16|
|Displacement||999 cm³||1498 cm³||1984 cm³|
|Max. Power at min −1||70 kW (95 PS) / 5000–5500||85 kW (116 PS) / 5000–5500||81 kW (110 PS) / 5500||110 kW (150 PS) / 5000–6000||147 kW (200 PS) / 4400–6000|
|Max. Torque in min -1||175 Nm/2000–3500||175 Nm/1600–3500||200 Nm/2000–3500||200 Nm/ |
|250 Nm/1500–3500||320 Nm/1500–4400|
|Drive type||Front wheel drive|
|Gearbox, series||5-speed manual transmission||6-speed manual transmission||7-Gang-S tronic||6-Gang-S tronic|
|Gearbox, option||7-Gang-S tronic||—|
|Empty weight||1165–1200 kg||1175–1210 kg||1180–1200 kg||1180–1250 kg||1240 kg||1245 kg||1335 kg|
|Max. Payload||465–505 kg||445–475 kg||475–480 kg||475 kg||465 kg||460 kg||440 kg|
|Top speed||191 km / h||182–193 km / h||203 km / h||191–203 km / h||222 km / h||217 km / h||235 km / h|
0-100 km / h
|10,8–11,1 s||11,0–11,5 s||9,4–9,5 s||10,5–10,6 s||7,7 s||6,5 s|
|Fuel consumption according to WLTP over 100 km, combined||5.5–5.8 l Super||5.6–6.2 l Super||5.4–6.2 l Super||5.4–6.5 l Super||6.3–6.5 l Super||6.1–6.3 l Super||6.9–7.1 l Super|
|CO 2 emissions according to WLTP, combined||124–131 g / km||127–141 g / km||122–140 g / km||123–148 g / km||143–148 g / km||140–144 g / km||157–160 g / km|
|Tank capacity||that. 40 l |
|Exhaust aftertreatment, PM||Otto particle filter|
| Emission standard according to |
|Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC||Euro 6d-ISC-FCM||Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC||Euro 6d-ISC-FCM||Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC||Euro 6d-ISC-FCM||Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC|
- Audi A1. In: euroncap.com. Retrieved November 14, 2019 .
- ampnet / deg: Production of the Audi A1 started at Seat in Martorell - Auto-Medienportal.Net. In: auto-medienportal.net. October 11, 2018, accessed March 2, 2019 .
- Andreas Of: New Audi A1 Sportback (2018): Market launch, price: Presentation of the small car. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. June 18, 2018, accessed June 20, 2018 .
- Max Friedhoff / SP-X, Georg Zähringer, Jochen Wieler / ADAC: Paris Motor Show: News, Highlights & Exhibition Information - ADAC 2018. In: adac.de. October 4, 2018, accessed October 6, 2018 .
- Uli Baumann: Audi A1 Citycarver: Crossover look for the small car. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. July 29, 2019. Retrieved July 29, 2019 .
- IAA 2019: These are the most exciting innovations at the auto show. In: handelsblatt.com. Spotpress / Handelsblatt, August 8, 2019, accessed on October 24, 2019 .
- New Audi A1 Sportback - the ideal companion for an urban lifestyle. In: audi-mediacenter.com. September 1, 2017, accessed June 20, 2018 .
- Audi A1: Brand new - and still something is missing. In: nordbayern.de. October 12, 2013, accessed June 20, 2018 .
- Audi AG: Technical data - Audi A1 Sportback 2019. Accessed on July 29, 2019 .